Thread: UK Pension: Qualifying years

Default UK Pension: Qualifying years

Quick question:

Are the year(s) we are on JET contribute towards the qualifying years needed to receive a full uk state pension?
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Banned

Default Re: UK Pension: Qualifying years

dunno, probably depends if you were making NI payments or not

That would be a no then.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

The years on JET can only be transfered to the UK pension system if you don't get a lump sum refund. If you already received your refund you cannot add the years to your pension.

You can however use the refund money to make voluntary top up payments if you're worried.

You only need 30 qualifying years now, so I'm well on track for a full state pension.

Just started a private pension with my new work as well, so no more worries hopefully!

japans dropped their pension pay in scheme to 10 years down from 25.

early retirement here I come.....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.