Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: Lurkers!

Default Re: JET applicants JOIN!

But it's so much fun being a random lurker instead. Oh well, I'm here now.

Welcome!
    if you want proof, try math or alcohol

Welcome Moirica. You don't want to stay on here too long though. After a while, you end up like Mothy in Anything Goes and start writing erotic fiction about other members on ITIL. I've not even been here a year and I'm sick enough to read the damn thread.

Welcome
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

JET-setter < Fighting the plague of lurkers on ITIL since 2011.

Lol.

Im with Setter though always best to join up and share the love !
    Von D

Musician . . . ? Me . . . ? Well actually yes, yes I am www.soundcloud.com/Lkv

Hmmm... all the lurkers are suddenly gone! Did we scare them off?

I'm sure they are still around somewhere. They'll be back, when applications come out most likely.

And thanks for the welcome everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JET-setter View Post
    Hmmm... all the lurkers are suddenly gone! Did we scare them off?
    whats all this we business? you called them out haha
    Von D

All the lurkers, join up. These forums are great for very realistic (and at times a little brutal) advice for applying for JET, and I find them far more informative than the official forums. And the best way to get involved in it is to sign up and start chatting. Start here first...then when you think you're ready for it, head on over to Anything Goes.

You'll meet some awesome people and gain some good friends!
    tabemoto...: Cooking in southern Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    All the lurkers, join up. These forums are great for very realistic (and at times a little brutal) advice for applying for JET, and I find them far more informative than the official forums. And the best way to get involved in it is to sign up and start chatting. Start here first...then when you think you're ready for it, head on over to Anything Goes.

And enemies! *glares*

But no really, its no bother to just sign up and ask the random stuff in your head, its not like it costs anything or the people here have the power to ban you from jet for asking daft questions.

What be this lurking thing you speak of? *yawns*
    いいみで

Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post

Completely agreed. I'm now friends in real life with at least 2 of the posters on here. Also, the advice on here is great.
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

ITIL is a really great resource for JET stuff and who needs real life friends anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    he hasn't been around long enough to alienate all "real" people. give it 10 months.
    10 months? You underestimate me...I'll do it in five.

But enough derailment, the point is, the forums are a great resource for all you newbies and the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.
    Last edited by MCAS; August 23rd, 2011 at 21:43.
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

Lurkers should definitely join, I got some good tips and help on these forums in the Applying forum and was able to have someone look over my SoP - it definitely helped ease the uncertainty that surrounds the application process for JET as well as kill a whooooole lot of time.

Although I am more of an occasional poster than an established ITILer, I definitely think what Word said is true - you feel more of an affinity to those usernames you have seen before.

8 / 10 successful JETS are on ITIL.*

*ish
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

Welcome Moirica. You don't want to stay on here too long though. After a while, you end up like Mothy in Anything Goes and start writing erotic fiction about other members on ITIL. I've not even been here a year and I'm sick enough to read the damn thread.
    Hahahahah that's the funniest thing I've ever read on this entire forum!

Oh and I shall be applying for 2012 too!

Welcome
    Von D

Welcome happyBuddha. Sounds like you've already made an acquaintance with Mothy's thread.

VonD, how far have you got on TEFL? I'm only on section 2 of core unit 2. I keep finding stuff to watch on Youtube instead. I'm trying to come up with a way to turn procrastination into a quality that I can insert into my SOP. Any ideas?

Welcome happyBuddha. Sounds like you've already made an acquaintance with Mothy's thread.

VonD, how far have you got on TEFL? I'm only on section 2 of core unit 2. I keep finding stuff to watch on Youtube instead. I'm trying to come up with a way to turn procrastination into a quality that I can insert into my SOP. Any ideas?
    Ahh your ahead of me ! and i thought I was doing so well lol, I keep taking loads of notes (over 50 pages of a5 both sides, which seems over the top but its just how i learn) unfortunately I also keep picking up my xbox 360 pad . . . although i think im gonna cut back on the notes !

errmmm a positive spin, lets see,

" I find myself adept at undertaking new tasks whilst still giving focus to those I have previously begun in order to sustain an equilibrium, I feel this is a characteristics that would benefit my ability to perform on the JET program because," hows that ? lol
    Von D