Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: Lurkers!

Hi there! I'm a student from Scotland, and have only just discovered I think I'm lost. I have been looking at the JET Forums a lot, but not posted anything, as I thought it was a bit early.

I want to apply for JET this autumn, for 2012. So, I thought there might not be any point cluttering up forums with my questions and stuff... But I saw there are others around here in the same situation, so thought I'd sign up and say hi! :-)

Just now I'm trying to do everything I can to make my chances for getting accepted better. Although I'm not sure what the JET situation will be like this year because of the terrible events in Japan this year.

Still, I want to try. JET sounds amazing, and I'm dying to get away from Scotland for a while!
    Last edited by tofufordolphins; May 16th, 2011 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Sorry, we already have a Scottish person. Good luck in your endeavours elsewhere!

Ohhhh But I'm from Dundee! I'm sure there's nobody else from here! XD

Default Re: Attention: Lurkers!

After you've been in Japan for a while, and if you get to know both forums well, you'll learn that we're actually the more sane, less idiotic of the two. We joke and LOL and tell it like it is. The official forums are full of blowhards, know-it-alls, weeaboos, and jackasses devoid of any sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    After you've been in Japan for a while, and if you get to know both forums well, you'll learn that we're actually the more sane, less idiotic of the two. We joke and LOL and tell it like it is. The official forums are full of blowhards, know-it-alls, weeaboos, and jackasses devoid of any sense of humor.
    Haha fair enough :-) I like it better when people are straight up and genuine about stuff, so thats good then! Weeaboos... Nice.

I'm going to be applying to JET next year, and after lurking for a few weeks have decided to post here, as it seems to be the place to begin. Don't worry, I'm not Scottish.
    I'm planning to spend the next few months doing things that will enhance my application (or at least, make me feel like they will) and learning from the current intakes mistakes (and in the case of lurking on Official, feeling like a superior person).
    I'm not a prolific poster, and tend to read things I've written and decide they're too stupid to post. You will probably agree after I've posted a few times.

tl;dr. I'm watching you.

Hello. I'm English, but have spent some times in Wales and could probably pull off the accent. I do a much better 'tea and crumpets' style English one, though. Anyway, I've been considering JET since 2008, and am planning on finally making the plunge and applying for the 2012 intake when it comes around. I found this website after a JET vlogger gave it a shout out, if I remember rightly. Nice to finally step out of the shadows of lurking - it is a pretty creepy thing to do when you think about it.
    Last edited by CDLG; May 24th, 2011 at 05:04.

Welcome!!! Hope you enjoy your stay. You can find a lot of good advice on this forums if you need it.
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Hi, I'm sort of new too. Should have probably posted this sooner in hindsight but lurking comes easy. Applying for 2012 after years of waiting to graduate.

Same, except I'm really new. Applying for 2012... trying to stay under the radar except I have a loooooot of questions about the application.

Makes no sense to ask them now.

Anyway, patiently waiting for graduation~ Hurry up Spring 2012.

Loook at all the people applying in '12!! Welcome welcome!! I'll be applying with you guys!! yay!!

Welcome to Hell, kid.

Just kidding. But seriously, your souls are forfeit.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkypie View Post
    Same, except I'm really new. Applying for 2012... trying to stay under the radar except I have a loooooot of questions about the application.

Makes no sense to ask them now.

Anyway, patiently waiting for graduation~ Hurry up Spring 2012.
    Enjoy your last year of college, it's a blast. Welcome to ITIL! Also, once application time comes around, most of us will be more then happy to answer questions and read SoPs etc....
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

Hello! I'm not exactly a lurker considering I just found out about ITIL today, but I've done enough lurking on other JET boards that I figured I'd try to break myself of bad habits right from the start.

Now that I've graduated I can finally apply, so we'll see how that goes. In any case, I have a feeling I'm going to get a kick out of being here, regardless of my application outcome. So yeah... hi.

Agreeing with everything RL said.
    if you want proof, try math or alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    Welcome! Soak up the info in Applying, but be sure to dip your toes into the AG action, too.
    Hah, I'm pretty flappable since I'm the least confrontational person ever, so I have a feeling I'm going to be in waaaay over my head in AG (based on what all the cool kids are saying), but hey... if you can't live dangerously what's the point? :P

It does sound like fun though, and there's something to be said for being thrown into the deep end to learn to swim... forumly speaking at least.

And thanks for the welcomes!

To all 2012 JET Applicants:

WOOT! LET'S DO DIS!

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Hah, I'm pretty flappable since I'm the least confrontational person ever, so I have a feeling I'm going to be in waaaay over my head in AG (based on what all the cool kids are saying), but hey... if you can't live dangerously what's the point? :P

It does sound like fun though, and there's something to be said for being thrown into the deep end to learn to swim... forumly speaking at least.

And thanks for the welcomes!
    Well AG's probably going to become a bit different since a lot of the regular posters there are leaving jet. So you'll be fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    what the fuck does all of this have to do with bear arms? If you can't stick to the topic at hand I wish you'd just keep your mouth shut and quit derailing a perfectly good thread about bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffles
    Well AG's probably going to become a bit different since a lot of the regular posters there are leaving jet. So you'll be fine!
    I highly doubt this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffles View Post

I popped in and had a look around and *gasp* even dipped a toe by posting something. It was actually pretty entertaining and not at all what I was expecting. Based on some warning comments I was thinking it would be this hostile, flamey place... but instead it was the unique brand of sarcastic assholism that is near and dear to my heart. I might even be a little sad if things DO tame down. Even if I'm not nearly sarcastic enough to spar myself, it's still loads of fun to take in some verbal ping pong.

Edit: False alarm anyhow, it seems.
    Last edited by peanut; July 18th, 2011 at 16:54.

Banned

To be fair this place used to be a lot less mean.

Default JET applicants JOIN!

22 people on this forum right now and I'm the only member. If you're thinking of applying for JET this year it's time to join ITIL.