Thread: Anyone else in Phoenix, AZ or interviewing here?

Default Anyone else in Phoenix, AZ or interviewing here?

Hi! Long time lurker... first time poster :P

I got my notice to sign up for an interview for February 19th. I didn't see any of the "Don't tell anyone about this letter..." text in the letter. Hmmm... maybe that applies only to applicants in other countries.

The letter said they are being held in 30 minute intervals from 8:00AM to 4:00PM. So, I guess that means there's only 16 applicants for this area. Seems low to me, or is this normal?

Is anyone else on this board in Phoenix or interviewing here?

VIP

I think the "don't tell" was including in the infamous "Hypothetical Letter" in the UK last year. Some applicants who got excellent scores from their interview were notified early that they were almost certainly accepted.

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    maybe they're held over a few days? or in multiple rooms?
    Nope, it's definately just one day.

Multiple rooms with multiple interview panels might be more likely.

Anyways, also something unique to those interviewing in Phoenix... we didn't have to send back confirmation of when to interview, there was a URL we went to, and only had to put in our name, email, and if we wanted and AM or PM interview time. I still haven't got a confirmation of what time I'm interviewing at yet though.

Well, the ALT interview is over. It ended up being 3 seperate panels all interviewing different people. I have no idea if I did well or not, it's a little hard to get a read on what they are really after in the interviews. They didn't ask me silly American/Japanese trivia questions. I was not asked to speak any Japanese, even though I clearly had past experience.

We mainly went over how I would successfully teach English in different scenarios:
    -To a group of 16 year old girls
    -To a unenthusiastic group of students who are destined to become farmers, so they see no use in learning English.

Other questions:
    - Name 3 things in the American news you would like to discuss in class, and how would you present them?
    -Japanese people think America is a dangerous place with the lax gun laws, so, why doesn't America just get rid of all their guns?