Thread: Face book "like" app

Default Face book "like" app

Although a good idea, many still use their real names etc for their facebook's. Although people cannot be linked directly to their user name by clicking the "like" link that's been installed, I think many may be very wary too...

Can anyone scouting the site see "others who liked this"?

Default Re: Face book "like" app

Yea, that's a good point. Not sure how to get around that!

No, there is no link to your ITIL username.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

I've changed it so it doesn't show names now.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

So, if I "like" the page, my facebook friends will see that "word likes ITIL," but other folks who "liked" ITIL won't be able to see my profile or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    So, if I "like" the page, my facebook friends will see that "word likes ITIL," but other folks who "liked" ITIL won't be able to see my profile or anything?
    If your facebook security settings are all set to "friends only" then people who go to the ITIL facebook fan page can see that you are in the group, but they won't be able to access your full profile.

Believe it or not, that would still be enough to identify me (easily). Guess I'll have to change that before I can "like" ITIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.