Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JETs and ALTs problem in japan

Default JETs and ALTs problem in japan

have you encountered any problem working as an Alt or Jets in Japan?Wanna share it to us?Thanks

Beer & Loathing

Default Re: JETs and ALTs problem in japan

Yes. I've not been hired yet. That's my main problem.

Quote Originally Posted by summergirl View Post
    have you encountered any problem working as an Alt or Jets in Japan?Wanna share it to us?Thanks
    Would you like to hear about 高校、中学校 or 小学校 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    Wow, you know kanji. You must be so smart.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

golf clap

the majority of threads on this site consist of people complaining about being ALTs. just read through a few pages of minor rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    なんでもいいです。。

天才 ですね

summergirl is Japanese. :P Focus, people! Anyone actually care to address the question at hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Considering neither the teachers nor the ALTS have any real training about how to work together I'm surprised anything constructive occurs at all.

The minor rants thread is full of hilarious non-issues that people spin up into bigger problems than they are. Start there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    I always wanted to play black flag football, but there were never enough minorities.

I suppose that's just human nature, seeing a hill and making it into a mountain.

As far as off-topic is concerned, there are a lot of threads concerning issues with the whole ALT/Teaching industry in Japan and I have seen a few on issues with the ALT's themselves.

Also, not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but google does give you quite a few interesting sites to read about the topic.

Oh yes, Summergirl, 穂運とにごめんね。
    Last edited by phoenix101; October 8th, 2010 at 15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix101 View Post

Oh yes, Summergirl, 穂運とにごめんね。
    fail.

That was no doubt on purpose.

This thread's been dead for a while...but since it was never really answered I kind of feel sorry for the person who posted it....

Most of the complaints I've heard about being an ALT have absolutely no backing to them whatsoever. It's just a bunch of baka-gaijin who don't know better.
    Most people complain about the salary - but news for them - the salary ALTS get is the SAME as what you'd get working at an actual business company in Japan. Japanese "business" companies also do not pay for your plane ticket over, like ALT companies they do generally compensate for travel expenses. With ALT companies you get longer vacations meaning more travel time to go see giant gundams, eat momoji manju, or stalk yakuza (all of which I have done).
    Other complaints are about the insurance - basically...no matter who you work for in japan....it's best to NOT get sick if you can help it. I paid about 2,000yen insurance every month and never had to use it. Having insurance means most of your bill - should you need to go to the doctor - will be compensated. However, meds etc there are all different. The one time I had to go to a doctor there was during my internship (when I had no insurance) The doctor couldn't find out what was wrong, gave me 3 different meds - 1 for headaches, 1 for nausea, and another for who knows what. - basically, don't get unknown illnesses there.....

Watch out for kids (mainly elementary schoolers) trying to kancho you in the halls.

People complain about the salary?
    For a recent graduate the salary on offer is pretty awesome.

There's just soooo much they want to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    what the fuck does all of this have to do with bear arms? If you can't stick to the topic at hand I wish you'd just keep your mouth shut and quit derailing a perfectly good thread about bear arms.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    People complain about the salary?
    For a recent graduate the salary on offer is pretty awesome.
    its sad that you think that.

The salary is pretty poor, but seeing as you only work for a few hours a day and have an obscene about of spare time/holidays its hard to complain

Technically, if I was to stay and work in America I should be getting no less than 60 a year.... But the 25 is completely normal in Japan. Of course, anyone and everyone in the world would prefer a higher salary, but people who go to Japan on JET or through an actual company should know what they're getting themselves into and should stop complaining about the salary being below their standards. Especially since being and ALT is a pretty good deal (though should def. not be a long-term career goal). It's def. one of the easiest ways to get to Japan (and other counties for that matter)

Banned

but people in japan get bi-annual bonuses and pay rises/promotions.