Hello everyone,
As many of you know, I am a former JET participant. I spent 5 wonderful years in Japan on the JET program in Shiga Prefecture -- (2005-2010) -- And have just recently returned to the US. I am currently working for a private junior high & high school in St. Louis Missouri, Chaminade College Preparatory School, as the Coordinator of International Programs and Recruiting.

Like most US schools our semester starts in August, so recruiting for this year is over, however recruiting for next school year is in full force. My first order of business in this new position is to make as many domestic and overseas contacts as possible. That's where all of you come in. I know that many JETs, after leaving Japan, stay or get into Education and International related fields. So I thought, "Hey, why not call upon this already established network of educators and professionals to look for contacts?!?"

First I would like to give a short description of what our school is and then maybe what I am looking for from you.

Chaminade College Preparatory School, St. Louis Missouri

Chaminade College Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic Day and Resident school, sponsored by the Marianist Province of the United States, is dedicated to cultivating the inherent gifts, skills and talents of young men in Grades 6 through 12 so that they are prepared for success in college and life.

We have young men from all over the world staying in our dorms. Also have state of the art technology at the students fingertips for use in the classroom, clubs and while studying. Our sports programs are also very strong and have won multiple state championships in everything from Tennis, baseball, football to water-polo, ice hockey and top rankings in State Band Competitions.

We have much more information on our website and I am always willing to chat, so if you want to know anything else please PM me and we can trade contact details.

I know this isn't exactly JET related but it is still something that I feel JETs and Former JETs could have a big impact on, so if you are willing to help or know anyone that would be a good contact please let me know!

Thank you!