Thread: Damaged parcel: Can I do anything?

Default Damaged parcel: Can I do anything?

I sent many boxes home via Seamail, and other than being a bit squished and obviously jostled around, the majority of the boxes arrived in tact.

Then I got one that was taped all along one side and wrapped in plastic bands. I opened it up and half the stuff in there wasn't mine: mostly candies and other gifts I believe are from India. I can't say what's missing until I get my last box (IF I get that last box) but I believe it's several Japanese dictionaries, which weren't cheap.

So . . . anything I can do? I know I won't get money or my things back, but is there any way to report it damaged and that I have a bunch of stuff that's not mine? Or is it a case of "Zannen"?

Or maybe if I just hear other damaged parcel stories, I won't feel so bad.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: Damaged parcel: Can I do anything?

there will be insurance on the boxes and if you labeled your contents correctly and put monetary amounts on there you shold be able to claim (at least a portion) or lost or damaged goods. you will need to contact the japan post with your receipt and tracking numbers.

I only sent 4 boxes and thankfully they all arrived in tact, but i sent them all at the same time, and three of them made it in 3 weeks, one just arrived 3 days ago, kinda strange.
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Oh, I didn't think I would be able to make a claim since I didn't insure them. But this page does have compensation prices for parcels.

Compensation Program - Japan Post

I have the shipping forms and the receipts, but how would I get the ball rolling on making a claim?