Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Transcripts

Default Question about Transcripts

Hey, first post, freaking out a little. I would appreciate any kind of help.

1) I have a transfer credit from another university that still has not been posted to my transcript, although it is being counted as a course I needed to have taken to graduate. It has already been approved, although has yet to be posted. If it were not posted to my official transcript in time, would I encounter problems when they review my transcript?

2) I have two other classes taken over summer breaks that have been posted to my official transcript. Although I may be unable to get official transcripts for the two classes since I took them so long ago, only took one course at each university, and my domain and login information has long been deleted by each school's server.

I am planning on contacting each school regardless, and if I am unable to get the transcripts I will not list those courses on the online portion of the application. Although it still has me a little worried. Not to mention I passed each course with flying colors.

Any input would be extremely welcome, Thanks!

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Default Re: Question about Transcripts

You need the transcripts from all the universities you have attended. It doesn't matter if the credit shows up on you main 'official' transcript or not - you need the other transcript.

At least that is how it was when I applied. Anyone know if that has changed?
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

Hey just curious but would it sink your application if some part of your transcript or GPA wasn't that great? I had to repeat a few courses before (it was a little overloaded for me back then) and so my transcript doesn't look that good. Did anyone else have something similar and still got shortlisted? What kind of good explanations can you come up with to convince them that grades aren't everything?

My transcripts weren't great (at all). I made it. Kall is right, Kuro; you need those transcripts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Re-reading and going through my documents and confused myself:

So if we have our bachelor's degree - do we still need an Official Transcript?

# 7 clearly stated we did need it but then # 9 states you need either
    1 transcipts -or-
    2 copy of degree

I've already ordered the transcripts, so just wanna be clear here.. lol

Jbuzzy

if i were in your shoes (and it sounds to me like you already have a bachelors) then put in your transcript(for #7) then follow it up with the copy of your diploma(for #9). if #8 applies to you then throw that in between them

as for my case i havnt graduated yet so im sending my transcript which is dated oct/18/2010 followed by Proof of Expected Graduation Date from my Registrar. #8 doesnt apply to me.

So if we have our bachelor's degree
    Haha, there's no "if" about it, you ain't gettin' on JET without at least that!

do we still need an Official Transcript?
    The British applications certianly need one, and an original of it too! Though photocopies of the certificate are fine even for document set 1.

Hm what about courses taken eons ago at another institution but the classes I needed for my degree has already been transferred to my present institution?

YES I have my bachelor's degree got it in July this yr.

Just checking to see if i was over-analyzing it. I'm just ognna throw both in there... I got pretty good grades - show off those SKILLS.. lol

Plus I already ordered em so it'd be a waste to leave them out...

Quote Originally Posted by Viendarri View Post
    Hm what about courses taken eons ago at another institution but the classes I needed for my degree has already been transferred to my present institution?
    take the risk if you want to. The application (in here the US) says it wants transcripts from all schools that you took classes in. many people are "what about this and what if that". my answer is just DO what the application says. its that easy. call up the schools and get the transcripts.

I took 9 college credit hours in high school. it was from a little community college in my town. after i graduated high school i want to a big state university (university of kansas) and have been there my freshman year until now, just about to graduate. YES i went back and get a transcript for those 9 hours. thats 3 classes. my KU transcript has over 120 hours but the JET program asked for it, so the JET program is going to get it.

Even though the application 'says' to send in all transcripts for every college course you ever took you should ignore that.

Send in only the transcripts that make up your degree. The JET program has no way of ever knowing about your high school AP or whatever courses unless it shows up on your final degree. So why would anyone bother sending that in?
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

because it DOES show up on my transcript from my university. at the very top it says "Transfer Credit from ---- ---- Community College: 9

anyone that looks at that would wonder where the transcript is for those 9 hours! maybe once i graduate and have the degree i wouldn't think this way, but as of now my transcript from my university isnt complete (im taking 15 hours now and 15 hours next semester due to graduate in may) and i dont have that degree to back myself up. i've got to show them what they want to see.
    Last edited by cassell; October 27th, 2010 at 08:05.

With my official transcript, it asks for full titles of the courses you are taking - well my final year is just one single big 120 credit point compulsory unit. Within that there are many units, but they are not treated as individual modules by either the department or the university - at the moment my transcript just says "[Unit code] - Biochemistry 3" for third year.

Is this acceptable do you think? Or should I try and get some course titles put on (even though they aren't individually credited)?

Also, for proof of degree my university hasn't set the date for graduation yet - when I asked at the faculty office they said the closest they can give me is July 2011 but the website states "Please provide an exact date, not just a month as this may not be acceptable. "

So any ideas/suggestions chaps and chapettes?
    Last edited by atheistwithfaith; October 27th, 2010 at 08:16.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    My transcripts weren't great (at all). I made it. Kall is right, Kuro; you need those transcripts.
    Ok. I called the various institutions and if all goes well should receive the transcripts in time.

Although does anyone know how it will affect my application if I have transcripts for credits that have not been posted to my official transcript yet? I would essentially be including a school that my current university has not yet recognized as being part of my major, although it was a class I took in high school for college credit.

If you could not get your degree without those credits, then you will need transcripts. If the classes you took had no bearing on your degree plan or didn't transfer or something, then it won't matter and, as UP said, you can skip those transcripts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    If you could not get your degree without those credits, then you will need transcripts. If the classes you took had no bearing on your degree plan or didn't transfer or something, then it won't matter and, as UP said, you can skip those transcripts.
    Well, they were either counted as elective credit, or classes that were substituted for equivalent classes I needed to complete as part of my major.

Does that count?

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

GET THE TRANSCRIPTS.

Why is this so difficult? The instructions clearly say send in all transcripts from any university you attended. So get ALL the transcipts. If your official, main university transcript says anywhere on it 'transfered credit' you damn well better have the original transcript from the other university. Every study abroad. Every correspondence. Every credit from junior college you transfered over. The college classes you took in high school. All of them.

Of course, if you took 1 credit of bowling for fun that you never transfered to your university, then you don't need the transcript. But if the credit counts towards your degree, you need official transcripts from it, NOT a transfer not on another transcript.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

Quote Originally Posted by kalliea View Post
    GET THE TRANSCRIPTS.

Why is this so difficult?
    It isn't. I've already ordered them, although one school states that it can take ridiculously long to process and return one of the transcripts. I was assessing the rate at which I should worry.

Just to clarify, should I send in my high school transcripts since I received college credit for high school AP Exams? I doubt it but I'm just making sure.

I dunno if ur transcripts/school may be different but mine actually have the credits from the AP exams on them. it says that I took the exam and was just "exempted" from the course.

Take a good look at ur transcripts - but getting some extra docs could never hurt - lol