Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Transcripts

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro2Flo View Post
    It isn't. I've already ordered them, although one school states that it can take ridiculously long to process and return one of the transcripts. I was assessing the rate at which I should worry.

Sorry if I came of a bit bitchy there. I wasn't actually talking to you. Your questions at least progress; when one is answered you as another, related question. You know, like a normal person.

I just get fed up with people who ask questions that are 1 - clearly answered in the application and 2 - were answered here not 3 posts before they asked.

Gr.

But still, I shouldn't have snapped. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by jbuzzy View Post
    I dunno if ur transcripts/school may be different but mine actually have the credits from the AP exams on them. it says that I took the exam and was just "exempted" from the course.

Take a good look at ur transcripts - but getting some extra docs could never hurt - lol
    This.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

I went back to the Official Documents page, and after reading the entire thing through, I found this:

Although the envelope containing your transcripts may warn “Not Official If Opened,” for the purposes of this application you may open the envelope and remove the transcripts to make the required copies. If you were transferred from other institutions to the current institute: If your main transcript shows the name of the institutions you were transferred from, the names of all courses completed, the dates of this course work and the grades received for each course, you do not need to submit a separate transcript from the institutions you were transferred from.
    Yeah, I'm going to request two sets of transcripts from my school. I'm going to open one of them just to see if its already filled in. I'd rather do that than waste time and money going to my old school.

Quote Originally Posted by kalliea View Post
    Sorry if I came of a bit bitchy there. I wasn't actually talking to you. Your questions at least progress; when one is answered you as another, related question. You know, like a normal person.

I just get fed up with people who ask questions that are 1 - clearly answered in the application and 2 - were answered here not 3 posts before they asked.

Gr.

But still, I shouldn't have snapped. I apologize.

This.
    Lol no worries. When you've crawled out of the depths of the internet like I have, you develop a shell.

I hope it's okay for me to post my question here, as it relates to transcripts. I just want to verify that I'm reading the information correctly on the JET website.

I am set to graduate from my school in mid-December. I am going to get a proof of graduation date and current enrollment status. In addition to these documents, do I also need to provide a transcript from this school, even though I still have classes in progress with no grades given?

Sorry if this is a silly question and thank you in advance for anyone who can confirm this for me!

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Default Re: Question about Transcripts

Yep, you still need the transcript. They need to see the records, as well as your graduation proof.
    Last edited by kalliea; October 29th, 2010 at 09:29.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

I was wondering, does JET request final grades upon graduation if you are accepted, or do they just wan't proof of graduation? IE if I am still taking classes that won't be on my current transcript, do they care about those grades after acceptance or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro2Flo View Post
    I was wondering, does JET request final grades upon graduation if you are accepted, or do they just wan't proof of graduation? IE if I am still taking classes that won't be on my current transcript, do they care about those grades after acceptance or no?
    Just the proof, after you graduate, they (as far as I know) don't ask for anything else.

Being as some Uni's (in the UK anyway) don't hold the graduation ceremonies/give out certificates until November they can only take that proof of graduation letter you send them as guarantee.

Just got my transcripts today, but they are in the 'unofficial if opened' envelope, I'm going to open it and have copies made, but am not looking forward to possibly anticipating the copy center at my school to say 'we can't copy this since they're official documents' and what other bull they might try to tell me. So... printing out the part of the JET required documents page where it says it's okay to do that.
    Last edited by nobleheart; October 30th, 2010 at 02:11.

I doubt that they would bother to hassle you. Most Official transcripts have text that shows up when photocopied, usually something like, "photocopied" or "this student is a fraud." I think its expected.

On another note, you can usually avoid the nasty text by scanning then printing rather than photocopying.

I know this is an old thread and I didn't want to start a new one. Just to clarify, my transcript will say "TR" (as in transfer credit) for APs taken and there are several of them. Would I be better off having the Registrar at my university officially add an indicative letter that these "TR" marks represent AP credits or perhaps getting College Board to send the AP scores to me, then adding it to the documents in my app? (Long story, but getting high school transcripts is kind of out of the question).

Edit: OK, I just looked at my transcript (as I had requested it to be safe). It actually says "AP" equivalency. I assume I'm in the clear, then?
    Last edited by WishfulDreamer; October 19th, 2011 at 02:40.

Hi I got some transcript questions too,
    just to clarify things,
    It mentions on the checklist that one Original certified Transcripts and three copies should be included, I would like to clarify this as I contacted my university and the transcripts are quite expensive. If not will they be returned? or can I send four copies instead? I have graduated already and have my degree so do I still need to send my transcripts?
    Do i include all years studied or just the last year.
    thanks

I'm assuming you're from Ireland. Looking at their requirements, its pretty much explicit in what they want. They want 1 original and 3 copies of your transcripts, regardless if you've graduated.

They won't be returned.

Don't do whatever you please. If they ask for 4 originals, give them four originals. If they don't ask for 4 originals, don't give them 4 originals. The application is all about following rules.
    Last edited by Merkypie; October 19th, 2011 at 10:33.

I just started my Masters program and decided to give JET another go. My school allows a year's hiatus, so I won't have to withdraw or anything. Since I haven't completed a single class yet... will they even show up on the transcript? I have briefly mentioned my education classes in my SOP. If I have no proof that I am taking them, would it be best to leave that out?

One more thing,
    I obviously have a degree, so I send the transcript for that, I know, but what about other lower down certs that I may have, like from secondary school or higher national diplomas do I mention them or include photocopys or transcripts?

If the requirements don't ask for it then don't put it in.

I sent my requests for my transcripts the other day, but I notice that the form for both schools specifically said "Transcripts sent to student will be 'issued to student' copies, transcripts issued to businesses are 'official,' and faxed copies are 'unofficial.'" Has anyone else encountered this?
    I'm assuming that I'll receive them in an "unofficial if opened" envelope, but in the invent that the copies say "issued to student" when I open it, would it be wise to request "official" ones specifically?

Edit: It just makes me think that there is a difference between official and issued to student...
    Last edited by .rach.; October 26th, 2011 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by .rach. View Post
    I sent my requests for my transcripts the other day, but I notice that the form for both schools specifically said "Transcripts sent to student will be 'issued to student' copies, transcripts issued to businesses are 'official,' and faxed copies are 'unofficial.'" Has anyone else encountered this?
    I'm assuming that I'll receive them in an "unofficial if opened" envelope, but in the invent that the copies say "issued to student" when I open it, would it be wise to request "official" ones specifically?

If they lack the school's seal stamped on them, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll just have to wait until they arrive. I'll be sure to examine them when they get here! Thank you!