Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attn: iPhone and iPod Touch users

Default Re: Attn: iPhone and iPod Touch users

I've been aware of the online version for awhile, but I just discovered that kanji box (kanjibox.net) has an app for the iPhone too. Unlike the online version it's not free, but I like it much more than all of my current apps to study Japanese. It's really well designed, easy to use, and has a lot of options for customization.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    JLPT Study

There's a free version here which covers the level 5 Kanji, I believe.
    I know this is an older post, but if you have already taken the N5 JLPT using this app to study, did you find that the Kanji and Vocabularies correspond on the exam? I upgraded to the full version and am using this in conjunction with other apps as well, but find the contents to be to be less challenging. What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebi View Post
    I've been aware of the online version for awhile, but I just discovered that kanji box (kanjibox.net) has an app for the iPhone too. Unlike the online version it's not free, but I like it much more than all of my current apps to study Japanese. It's really well designed, easy to use, and has a lot of options for customization.
    I found Kanji box to be pretty awesome as well, and especially like that it shows you the correct animated stroke order for each Kanji.

I am also using i-Sokki (free for N5). Aside from a few small cut-off/ mix up sounds, its pretty awesome as it has the audio for all levels (upgrade, which is really worth it). I like the quiz option where it reads out the vocabulary. The Kanjis and Vocabs are arranged in Alphabetical order by Romanji, a +/- depending how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Melody View Post
    I know this is an older post, but if you have already taken the N5 JLPT using this app to study, did you find that the Kanji and Vocabularies correspond on the exam? I upgraded to the full version and am using this in conjunction with other apps as well, but find the contents to be to be less challenging. What are your thoughts?
    I've not sat the JLPT yet, but I've found it's conveniently splitting the kanji into well-made chunks. I've stopped using it as much now, though. These days, It's almost exclusively Anki and the grammar textbooks I'm using.

The app is a good reinforcer, though. I've been a bit lazy with Anki so have a backlog to work through, but when I find I'm out of Anki cards for the day and I feel like studying it's good to spend 10 minutes and rattle through a couple of hundred cards.
    I thought it was time to use a sig

Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    I've not sat the JLPT yet, but I've found it's conveniently splitting the kanji into well-made chunks. I've stopped using it as much now, though. These days, It's almost exclusively Anki and the grammar textbooks I'm using.

The app is a good reinforcer, though. I've been a bit lazy with Anki so have a backlog to work through, but when I find I'm out of Anki cards for the day and I feel like studying it's good to spend 10 minutes and rattle through a couple of hundred cards.
    It seems like Anki is the preferred choice of the majority on this forum. I will definitely have to look into that thanks!

If you like the JLPT study format, the same person also made another one (Japanese2000) which I find somewhat helpful as it shows the usage of the words in a sample sentence. I'm testing out the lite version as I still have yet to master all the content (250 words).