Thread: BOE claims I owe last Pension payment still

Default BOE claims I owe last Pension payment still

Okay so I know there are plenty of topics but I am generally confused here and not finding any cases similar to mine.

So to keep things short I was on JET for three years, left in August and applied for my pension refund from the States exactly as they told me.

I was hoping everything was going okay but I just got a message from my supervisor saying there is a problem.

This is where it gets confusing. I was a Group B participant and my contract ended on August 5th. As with all other JETs my last paycheck was in July.

Now my supervisor says that she accidentally told the tax office that my contract ended on July 29th. Now when she went back to fix this mistake I guess they told her I owe another month of pension fees(40,000 yen) for the month of August.

How exactly does that work? Am I supposed to pay into the pension even though I received no salary for August? She is saying I will not get my refund until this amount is paid back. This is really frustrating as it seems it was her own mistake that is causing all the confusion.

Wasn't this supposed to be taken care of in my first paycheck?
    Can anyone clear this up?

Default Re: BOE claims I owe last Pension payment still

If you want to qualify for the 3rd year, you need to have the correct number of payments (at least 36?). If you have 35, you will only qualify for 2 years. Looks like she's trying to get you qualified for the 3rd year.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: BOE claims I owe last Pension payment still

You're gonna get more yens this way if the Baron is right.
    "The complex Japanese language and its writing system are inventions of the devil, designed to prevent the spread of Gospel."
    -Francis Xavier (1506-1552)