Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Interac Placements Spring 2011

Default Interac Placements Spring 2011

Has anyone received notice about tentative placements for Interac's Spring hires? They sent me an email and said it would be late Dec to mid Jan before most of the tentative placements would be completed.

Daddyatemyfries

hey, sorry I don't have the answer to your question but I also applied to interac and passed the intial screening. I have a telephone interview in february, and in your opinion how easy is the phone + initial interview as well as acceptance rate? I know you mentioned it before, but I wanted more detail from your perspective.

Default Re: Interac Placements Spring 2011

I can't comment on the acceptance rate, but I think only around 10% of applicants make it to the group interview stage. I think they mentioned that in one of the emails. I didn't feel the phone screening was that difficult because I prepared some answers to questions I thought they would ask or that people listed in the forum. Make sure to play up the fact that you want to be a teacher, and not just go there for a year long vacation in Japan. In general my experiences with Interac so far have been pleasant. The guy that interviewed me on the phone was nice, and the girl that did my individual and group interview was really cool. Also sound genki on the phone; they want someone that is upbeat and has good energy.

Daddyatemyfries

Thanks Starbuck...
    So basically if I nail the phone interview, I have a good chance of getting in!! I hope you find your placement soon

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck83 View Post
    I can't comment on the acceptance rate, but I think only around 10% of applicants make it to the group interview stage. I think they mentioned that in one of the emails.
    my god what kind of applicants are they getting that interac only accepts 10% of people that apply.

Hi, I was accepted and will be teaching with Interac in 2011. I just want to know who else has been given employment and what their status is.

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    my god what kind of applicants are they getting that interac only accepts 10% of people that apply.
    I think they lied. There were some right morons at the interview session i went to. Even made me doubt my mentality at one point.

Yeah, I had some idiot recruiter call me once to do a phone interview and invite me to the group interview, and sent me the email and all that. Then he calls me like 3 days later and starts to try to have an interview with me again. I told him that he had just interviewed me a few days ago and he was like "Oh... uhhh YEAH! We.uhhh... have a lot of applications..." idiot.

Daddyatemyfries

thats comforting to know about my back up plan XD

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyatemyfries View Post
    hey, sorry I don't have the answer to your question but I also applied to interac and passed the intial screening. I have a telephone interview in february, and in your opinion how easy is the phone + initial interview as well as acceptance rate? I know you mentioned it before, but I wanted more detail from your perspective.
    I have a phone interview with them in March. I am super excited and plan to practice my Japanese more thoroughly while I wait. Even if they don't choose to me, I can say I tried and did my best.

Regardless, March is a long way off.

Daddyatemyfries

I feel your pain. I got notification that I passed the screening on November, and I had to wait till Feb...bleh

But yours is coming up so I have my fingers crossed for you. You'll have to be sure to tell us how it goes, how you felt and the questions they asked (even though it's been posted by others before). Nevertheless, I'd love to hear your initial impression of the phone interview.

I was wondering if anyone had any issues regarding uploading the photograph on their Interac application? I keep getting this message:

The required name 'D*******S****082319**.jpg'
    and your photo
    'D*******S****082319**.JPG' don't match.
    Please rename your photo to match
    'D*******S****082319**.jpg' the required name shown.

It's really frustrating me because the only difference between the two titles is .jpg and .JPG wtf.
    Last edited by Danikinz; January 13th, 2011 at 15:06.

I would say change the JPG to jpg and see if it works. It does state that the required name is lowercase. It may be case sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerensa View Post
    I would say change the JPG to jpg and see if it works. It does state that the required name is lowercase. It may be case sensitive.
    I tried that but it didn't work, just turned the end of the file name to .jpg.JPG.

Daddyatemyfries

Thx kerensa you too!
    @Dani: did u try using that photo crop program they offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyatemyfries View Post
    Thx kerensa you too!
    @Dani: did u try using that photo crop program they offer?
    Yep! It even saved it as an uppercase .JPG from there.

Daddyatemyfries

weird...=/
    And u did name it the way they wanted u to as well?

Yeah, month before the date and everything. So annoying. x__x;

Quote Originally Posted by The 49er View Post
    Hi, I was accepted and will be teaching with Interac in 2011. I just want to know who else has been given employment and what their status is.
    I've been hired. I am just waiting on placement information. I should be leaving in March at some point.