Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Estimated time left until we hear about interviews?

Default Estimated time left until we hear about interviews?

They told us early Jan so I was hoping sometime around the 10th. What day did they released the list last year?

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

Default Re: Estimated time left until we hear about interviews?

In the US, the JET homepage said earliest would be LATE January. Which I take to mean by the 31st, maybe, possibly. Outside chance. Tabun.
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

the US PDF went up on the 28th of Jan if I remember correctly.

In the UK the majority of folks found out from the second week of Jan and onwards.

Not too sure about other countries though, so your looking at about 3.5 weeks i'd say.

If the UK interviews start on the 17th, and they say they'll give a maximum of ten days' notice, then UK people should start hearing about interviews by the end of this week, I'd have thought.
    "Time is a slippery bitch and needs to be tied down every so often so you can give it a good rogering."

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    If the UK interviews start on the 17th, and they say they'll give a maximum of ten days' notice, then UK people should start hearing about interviews by the end of this week, I'd have thought.
    A maximum of 10 days' notice? Not a minimum? When did they say this?

JET Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme UK

January and February:
    Interviews are conducted throughout January and February. Interview invitations will be sent by post to candidates’ permanent and temporary addresses. A maximum of 10 days notice will be given for candidates invited to interview.

straight from the horse's mouth so to speak
    Last edited by word; January 6th, 2011 at 10:36. Reason: I can deal with the missing punctuation and lack of capitalization, but not the missing apostrophe.

Crazy. Not much room for postal service being crap, which is not totally uncommon.

Sorry word, was in a rush >_>

So for American we are looking at the last week in June to find out about interviews? I was thinking mid January. Also you go to the site to find out about the interview?

We've been told mid-January is when we're find out if we've been given an interview or not...they're still going through the screening process at the moment...

I am a little worried but not...... Once your application gets there and is accepted is there any reason one should be worried?

Apart from the fact the success rate from application to interview to acceptance is pretty low in a lot of countries...

Well I think i will be fine.... What is the difference maker you think?

Enclosing drawings of your favorite anime and scenting the application packet with Drakkar Noir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Okay lol... I should be fine ^_^

Daddyatemyfries

::Link is broken::
    according to sinderella for you folks in the UK, goodluck guys =) *runs and hits her family for not immigrating to England like their cousins*

As for my US people, maybe..we'll find out alil earlier this year since applications did get turned in on the 18th, don't you think? Im pushing for January 21 -23. NERVOUS XD
    Last edited by Daddyatemyfries; January 6th, 2011 at 22:48. Reason: spelling princess..right here!!

Aaarrrghhhh.....way to make the 9 days until I'm back up at my flat with my post drag out even longerrrr

-
    Last edited by Cytrix; January 6th, 2011 at 23:08. Reason: Double post! *smashes internet*

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

Quote Originally Posted by JapanOnMyMental View Post
    So for American we are looking at the last week in June to find out about interviews? I was thinking mid January. Also you go to the site to find out about the interview?
    Nah, last week in January, not June. By June, I hope to be getting my visa and documents squared away for the trip. Possibly buying a re-fill for my bottle of Drakkar Noir.

There will be a .pdf file posted on the JET main website, hopefully by the end of this month. You open it up, and look for your applicant number on the list. If it's there, you got an interview, and just stand by to be contacted by JET with your interview date and time. If your number isn't there, then thanks for applying, but you didn't get an interview this year. (This is kind of similiar to how Japanese entrance exam results are announced.)
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

Grrrr. Just as I'm about to start my dissertation...another distraction.
    It definitely won't help that the postal service in the UK is a bit...sporadic in its efficiency.