Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Estimated time left until we hear about interviews?

Default Re: Estimated time left until we hear about interviews?

The list went up while I was in class, and my number was back at home in my room, so I had to sit through 4 hours of knowing that the list was up but being unable to check it...

But I my number was on there! Hooray! ^_^

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Quote Originally Posted by GOKU SSJ4 View Post
    I think the number of people recontracting is a big part of why the numbers are low. Thanks to the economy almost everyone I know who got in last year is staying. But that said there's a spot opening in my town so I look forward to meeting one of you in a few months!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Same here. Everyone says that more people are recontracting this year, but of my prefecture almost 75% are leaving.

That being said, I've decided to fly out the same day the new JETs arrive. I hope to meet my replacement at the welcome meeting on the way to the airport. Hope it is an ITIL'er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Sieve View Post
    The list went up while I was in class, and my number was back at home in my room, so I had to sit through 4 hours of knowing that the list was up but being unable to check it...

But I my number was on there! Hooray! ^_^
    Congrats!!! ^.^
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

Just got my interview status, just signed up to talk to you guys!!!

Congratulations Forsaken! Welcome to ITIL.
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

Congrats to everyone who is finding out they made it, my condolences to those who didn't. This is my 2nd time applying (I tried once 3 years ago).

What are some of the credentials of people who were accepted. I wonder what all kinds of walks of life they are accepting.

Yeah just stopping in guys to let you know I didn't make the list ..... Might be heading to korea...

Quote Originally Posted by JapanOnMyMental View Post
    Yeah just stopping in guys to let you know I didn't make the list ..... Might be heading to korea...
    Good luck, I hear good things about EPIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I had a friend who was teaching in Korea for a year, he liked it.

Yeah, EPIK is a good program. A good friend of mine is in it right now and she is having a great time. From what I hear, it's pretty much JET, except in Korea.
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

I hope you like Starcraft

LOL

A lot of good jobs in Korea, a lot less competitive then Jet. Plus from what i hear you are given a lot more freedom to teach. Try to go to a public school, english village, or a large company branch like Avalon (avoid franchises).

Avoid smaller hogwans/ academies and franchises unless you have a strong recommendation from a friend.

Epik is nice but will be competitive this time of year, unless you want to wait till fall. Incheon is still recruiting and is about an hour outside of seoul (basically is part of seoul also). Best to go through a recruiter, i am going through some right now as backup. If ya want their emails just send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGL View Post
    Yup.. I'm not on the list... Pretty devastated =(

Guess I'll go with my plan B and go to grad school then ^^;
    I followed this same plan in 2006 after being rejected. Just graduating with a Master's now and I wouldn't change how I did things one bit, it's been a great few years, although stressful. You'll look back on this as a good choice i think!

I just realised that ms donatsu hasn't posted
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    what the fuck does all of this have to do with bear arms? If you can't stick to the topic at hand I wish you'd just keep your mouth shut and quit derailing a perfectly good thread about bear arms.