Thread: Getting word from Aeon about interview?

Default Getting word from Aeon about interview?

I didnt plan on applying to Aeon but my friends who applied to JET applied and got accepted for interviews just a few days later so I figured it could not hurt to give it a try , especially since the application process was so fast and simple. The only problem is I had no idea what to write for my resume. I threw in some info about prior work and school and few lines about my other skills. It was about half a page, and i have to admit it didn't look all that great. But like I said my friends said they send off an application and were told they had an interview in a week. I live in a different region completely, and it's been about a week and a half since I applied. Should I be concerned? How long did everyone else wait between applying for Aeon and hearing about an interview? I feel like my bad resume might have been my downfall because I put little time and effort into it and im really regretting that now . Is there a person to call or e-mail to confirm that I have not gotten an interview? and if I don't how long must I wait until I can apply again?

Default Re: Getting word from Aeon about interview?

I thought Aeon was going out of business?

Nah that was GEOS, AEON are still kicking. Somehow...

I've also heard bad things about Aeon's finances, but then I've also heard it's doing fine so I don't really know what to believe. Also, I realized that my friends who heard about their interviews so quickly are due in sometime in mid Feb and I would not have to go in until April. Could this be a factor in why I have not heard anything yet?

Just check into Aeon some before you apply again. It is not the same as your friends in JET. You are in a conversation school that works different hours (usually 12pm - 8pm Tues - Sat). You work year round and getting days off can be tricky because usually only 2 or 3 people run each Aeon site. Also in Aeon they want you to push your students to buy all of their own books and workshbooks and stuff. There is a big sales component to the job. Before you go through the effort again to re-apply, make sure it is something you think you would really want.