Thread: AHHHH, HELP

Default AHHHH, HELP

I just went and relogged-in/checked my online application, and it says I have not submitted it. This is bad but I remember submitting it, especially the online part. Everything was perfect. Could another US applicant please log onto theirs and see what it says? This is really terrifying me.

Default Re: AHHHH, HELP

Why would you log in again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Banned

Just phone the consulate and double check they have your application.

Double checked, it says submitted. Did your pdf have an ID number? If there was an error at the time of submission, it only showed up as small red text. Are you certain it said successfully submitted?
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

U da real mvp.

Call your consulate, it's the only way you'll know for certain.
    "Time is a slippery bitch and needs to be tied down every so often so you can give it a good rogering."

This is awful. I logged in again to see if there was any sort of notification because I saw that someone from New Zealand had gotten an interview. I think there has definitely been some sort of error, but it was not mine. The website clearly told me that I had submitted my application. Should I phone the consulate where I signed up for the interview or the embassy in Washington?

Call the consulate first, and if they can't help you, then call the embassy.
    "Time is a slippery bitch and needs to be tied down every so often so you can give it a good rogering."

I would imagine the embassy, since they do the initial processing.

If you're feeling experimental, maybe submit it again. If it is already in it should give you an error.

U da real mvp.

I imagine it would give you an error even if you hadn't submitted it. I doubt they would allow the page to keep receiving applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

+1 to all the 'call the consulate' people. Either it is an error and you have nothing to worry about, or it was a failed delivery. If it failed, I don't think there is anything that can be done now except reapply next year.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

Check in to let us know how it went. I'm pretty sure anyone else who has read this has gone to check their online app status too. Would be useful for them to know.

Fingers crossed its just a random system error and that your online app arrived safe and sound

Did you get a confirmation email notifying you of submission? If you can forward the consulate that email or something they can probably help you out more.

Good luck, kiddo.

No relieved update, so I'm guessing bad news.

Good luck ahubz!

U da real mvp.

I checked with the embassy and they said they were still processing applications so not to worry. After shifting through stacks of mail I finally did find my SASE, so now it seems I freaked out for no reason. I feel kinda dumb, but thank you all for your advice.

Good to hear!

U da real mvp.

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

WOO HOO!! It is always nice to hear good news in this forum!

Now I'm totally cheering for you. Good luck!!!

Well thats good to hear Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kalliea View Post
    WOO HOO!! It is always nice to hear good news in this forum!

Now I'm totally cheering for you. Good luck!!!
    You're cheering for someone because they couldn't figure out if they had submitted their application successfully? You really like to root for the underdogs, don't you?
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Yep. Since I know no one here has ever rooted for me. ^_^

This kind of situation is nightmare-ish. You would basically be wasting a year and have no one to blame but yourself for not checking before the deadline. It is a terribly depressing thought. I feel relief knowing the applicant at least has a shot now. That makes me want to cheer for him. ^.^
    Last edited by kalliea; January 15th, 2011 at 11:17.