Thread: Return flight necessary?

Default Return flight necessary?

Hi all,

I will be heading over to Japan as an ALT from Australia this April... about to book my flight, but just wondering whether I can book a one-way flight, or if I'm required to book return?
    I was thinking maybe Instructor/sponsored visa requirements might require you to book a return ticket seeing that I will be sponsored for a one year contract?

Would appreciate any advice on this - I'd much prefer to keep it open and book one way.

Cheers,

Itsuka

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

Hi and welcome.

We are all here on one way flights so I don't think it's a problem contract/visa wise but a single is usually more expensive than a return so you might want to look into getting that and dumping the return ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Return flight necessary?

pretty sure that if you're on a tourist or working holiday visa you'll need a return ticket, but other visa types such as instructor etc are okay with one way.

Saying that though, you might find that return tickets are a lot cheaper, so maybe see about getting a one year return ticket and if you stay just don't get on the flight / go home for a bit or something.
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

Quote Originally Posted by itsuka View Post
    Hi all,

I will be heading over to Japan as an ALT from Australia this April... about to book my flight, but just wondering whether I can book a one-way flight, or if I'm required to book return?
    I was thinking maybe Instructor/sponsored visa requirements might require you to book a return ticket seeing that I will be sponsored for a one year contract?

Would appreciate any advice on this - I'd much prefer to keep it open and book one way.

Cheers,

Itsuka
    Itsuka, can you tell me where in Japan you`ll be a JET? I think you might be near me; I think there`s supposed to be someone coming my area in April.

Since they posted in the Non JET forum one would assume that they will not be coming to Japan as a JET...

Also If they were a JET then their contracting organisation would be organising their flights etc.
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

Oops that`s embarrasing. My bad lol. Just made a fool of myself on ITIL. Probably not the last time either. Thanks Tarqs.

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

There's always time to make fools of ourselves here. Don't worry :-)
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chuckle View Post
    Itsuka, can you tell me where in Japan you`ll be a JET? I think you might be near me; I think there`s supposed to be someone coming my area in April.
    Yeh I'm not coming over with JET... it's another contracting company! Very excited all the same though - just waiting impatiently at the moment to find out exactly WHERE!

Thanks for your advice - I'll be going with a one way ticket to leave things flexible!