Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 105

Thread: Save the imaginary children?

  1. #41
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default Re: Save the imaginary children?

    It gets harder and harder to find out stats the younger you go because the children are less likely to understand what is happening to them. Little kids are use to people touching them; their parents still dress them, friends and realitives pick them up and carry them around, they sit on people's laps, etc. Groping/molesting doesn't necessarily mean hurting someone or shoving your fingers in their ass.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

  2. #42
    Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mie
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalliea View Post
    Yes. Absolutely.



    Most children who are abused once are abused multiple times. One time things are actually very rare. 8 year olds might not even understand what happened, let alone be able to explain to their parents. I once heard an 8 year old explain what she saw when she walked in on her mom giving daddy head. It was like 'daddy had a popsicle in his lap and mommy was eating it. But daddy looked sad, and he was making weird noises.'
    Kal, I can tell you from personal experience that a kid will be scarred even if it's just once. I'm pretty sure Japanese children don't have this thing in their brain that makes them accept abuse more than other children.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

  3. #43
    Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mie
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    And yes, a child does know. If it's like a toddler then it's debatable, but an 8 year old will know the difference between mommy dressing them and a strange man touching them in wrong places.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

  4. #44
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_igirisu View Post
    Kal, I can tell you from personal experience that a kid will be scarred even if it's just once. I'm pretty sure Japanese children don't have this thing in their brain that makes them accept abuse more than other children.
    Please don't twist my words. I didn't say Japanese children had something in their brains that made them accept abuse. When I said children I meant all children. We can't get inside kids minds and understand their workings but it is often the case that they don't know what people are doing to them is wrong. Even if it hurts, even if they don't like it, they don't know it is wrong. This is why a lot of abuse victims blame themselves. On top of that, again, most cases of abuse are never reported. Like 50% or more.

    We also seem to be mixing terms. When I say abuse I don't necessarily mean sexual abuse. Less than 10% of abuse is sexual abuse.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

  5. #45
    Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mie
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    I'm not twisting your words. You said all children. I said that I know for sure children at 8 (the example age I used earlier) can know it's wrong and do get scarred from it. Now if both of these are to be true, then either british kids are more sensative, or perhaps I was more sensative. In which case I am saying children are children.

    And yes we are talking about sexual abuse because that is the damned topic. Pedo manga = abusing children = ? is the question.

    I know it's pot and kettle and all but unless you have some hard evidence that children as young as 8 do not know if they are abused or not then please kindly stop being a know it all, because you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

  6. #46
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_igirisu View Post
    I'm not twisting your words. You said all children. I said that I know for sure children at 8 (the example age I used earlier) can know it's wrong and do get scarred from it. Now if both of these are to be true, then either british kids are more sensative, or perhaps I was more sensative. In which case I am saying children are children.

    And yes we are talking about sexual abuse because that is the damned topic. Pedo manga = abusing children = ? is the question.

    I know it's pot and kettle and all but unless you have some hard evidence that children as young as 8 do not know if they are abused or not then please kindly stop being a know it all, because you don't.
    Yes, they can/most likely will be scarred by it, and they can know it is wrong, but that isn't usually the case. Normally by the time they realize it is wrong they are two ashamed to come forward.

    Child Abuse: Dispelling 6 Myths About Self Blame

    Child abuse stats - Child Abuse Statistics
    Study: Most Child Abuse Goes Unreported - TIME
    Statistics on Sexual Abuse (this one has quite a bit of reading, sorry.)

    Ack! I will write more later. Must leave. Back in about an hour!
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_igirisu View Post
    I know for sure children at 8 (the example age I used earlier) can know it's wrong and do get scarred from it. Now if both of these are to be true, then either british kids are more sensative, or perhaps I was more sensative.
    so who flicked your bean when you were a kid, your dad or your uncle?

  8. #48
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_igirisu View Post
    I'm not twisting your words. You said all children. I said that I know for sure children at 8 (the example age I used earlier) can know it's wrong and do get scarred from it. Now if both of these are to be true, then either british kids are more sensative, or perhaps I was more sensative. In which case I am saying children are children.

    And yes we are talking about sexual abuse because that is the damned topic. Pedo manga = abusing children = ? is the question.

    I know it's pot and kettle and all but unless you have some hard evidence that children as young as 8 do not know if they are abused or not then please kindly stop being a know it all, because you don't.
    Back! (sorry to run off in the middle of a debate.)

    Anyway, this link http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publi...files/w021.pdf specifially sayd 'most children do not tell anyone about the abuse.' Again, I don't know what goes on in children's minds, so we can't say if they don't tell because they are ashamed, afraid, or just don't know it is wrong.

    The Pedo manga = abusing children = ? issue.

    While the original post was about this topic, it seemed that is moved to train molestation to unreported abuse to where we are now. If you want to get back to just the evils of Pedo manga, than I don't have much to say. I think it should be legal, although I don't know how healthy it is. If you are old enough to search for and buy pedo manga, than you are set in your ways. I don't think it makes people escalate.

    Also, here is the definition of sexual abuse:

    Sexual abuse occurs when a child is engaged in sexual activities that he or she cannot comprehend, for which he or she is developmentally unprepared and cannot give consent, and/or that violate the law or social taboos of society.1

    Cannot comprehend is the very first one.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

  9. #49
    Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mie
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    I was never talking about it being reported or not. I said that japans rate may be low because they don't report it- but my thing with you was that if a kid is hurt on a train they would not want to go on a train anymore.

    Yes, a child will not comprehend that it is sexual or understnad what or why. But they know it's wrong. And they will feel uncomfortable and they will not want to be put in the same situation again.

    Yes, with toddlers and younger children they may be completely oblivious. At my mums school There was a terrible case of child abuse from the mum and step dad to the point when the 5 year old boy thought that "licking my willy" was a normal procedure in taking a bath.

    But I stand by my words that if a kid is abused somewhere like on a train, they would be scared to go there again.

    I'm not going to argue with you over this anymore. Continue if you wish but I've gone too far anyway and this talk is ruining my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,687

    Default Re: Save the imaginary children?

    haha - you have issues

  11. #51
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_igirisu View Post
    I was never talking about it being reported or not. I said that japans rate may be low because they don't report it- but my thing with you was that if a kid is hurt on a train they would not want to go on a train anymore.

    Yes, a child will not comprehend that it is sexual or understnad what or why. But they know it's wrong. And they will feel uncomfortable and they will not want to be put in the same situation again.

    Yes, with toddlers and younger children they may be completely oblivious. At my mums school There was a terrible case of child abuse from the mum and step dad to the point when the 5 year old boy thought that "licking my willy" was a normal procedure in taking a bath.

    But I stand by my words that if a kid is abused somewhere like on a train, they would be scared to go there again.

    I'm not going to argue with you over this anymore. Continue if you wish but I've gone too far anyway and this talk is ruining my day.
    I don't know how you can make the claim it would scare them so they wouldn't go back. All the evidence just supported that kids don't report abuse. If they don't report it, how does the kids get to school if not by train? (In Tokyo.) Remember, the imaginary kids you are talking about is 8 years old. He is going to do what his mommy tells him. If he doesn't report the abuse, why would the parents let him stop taking that train?

    In the same vein, look at all the kids who were abused by priests. It isn't like they all stopped going to that church. The continued to go, even though they hated it, even though they complained, they went. That is the worse part of abuse.
    Last edited by kalliea; February 3rd, 2011 at 13:25.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

  12. #52
    Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mie
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    You don't have to tell someone that someone touched you for them to understnad that you don't want to do something.

    *bow* I'm done. Enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

  13. #53
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default Re: Save the imaginary children?

    Kids don't want to eat their vegetables or wash behind their ears. They don't want to go to school when they are sleepy, or the doctor's office when they are getting a shot.

    Not 'wanting' to do something isn't a good enough excuse for a parent to not make their kids do something. It might (should!) encourage the parent to investigate why they don't want to do it, but if the kids doesn't say anything, what is the parent suppose to do? Change schools every time the kids says he doesn't his homeroom teacher?
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

  14. #54
    Senior Moment Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Living on the edge of sanity
    Posts
    6,582

    Default Re: Save the imaginary children?

    I'm (mostly) going to agree with Miss I. The kids probably know something is wrong. I'm fortunate enough not to have first-hand or even second-hand knowledge of this, though. The point I was making, and that kal has got, is that even if they hate getting on the train every day, they still have to do it.

  15. #55
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default Re: Save the imaginary children?

    Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but I would say that knowing something is 'wrong' isn't the same as knowing you are being molested. It is the sense of wrongness that makes children blame themselves. They know something 'wrong' is going down and they are a part of it. It makes them think they themselves are bad.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

  16. #56
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Save the imaginary children?

    I still think, kall, that you are wildly overestimating the amount of child abuse that takes place in Japan. I also think that you, like most Americans/Westerners, have some unfortunate misconceptions about child abuse. The vast (vast) majority of children who are sexually molested are, in fact, molested by a family member, not some random dude on a train. I've known a couple of girls who were abused at some point in their lives, and it was always by a family member.

    Japan is safer for kids. I absolutely believe this. Not safer as in "an 8-year-old is less likely to get fingered by her dad," but safer as in "an 8-year-old is less likely to get picked up by some weirdo in a gray sedan, raped, and cut into small pieces and buried in the woods." I don't know why this is true. Could it be because those weirdoes have a neverending source of artistic lolicon wanking material? Maybe. In any case, I'd feel much better about allowing my kid to walk to school in my town here in Japan than I would in my town back in America.

    You know, MG once told me this terrifying story about her childhood (she was around 6 or 7, I think), where she was in a department store (in the US) with her parents. Her parents let her run around a bit, and she came across this random dude. The dude tried to get her to follow him somewhere. She said that, even at the time, the situation "felt scary," so she ran off, found her parents, and told 'em what was going on. Kids aren't as stupid as most people think. Well, some kids might be, but couldn't that be a result of shitty parenting?
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  17. #57
    magic markers Gezora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GANG
    Posts
    22,839

    Default

    I haven't been reading this thread at all. As disgusting and just flat out retarded as I find a lot of loli stuff to be, people should still be allowed to draw or say what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gezora View Post
    I haven't been reading this thread at all.
    then you missed out on miss_i's bad touch flashbacks - i highly recommend you go back and have a read.

  19. #59
    Senior Moment Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Living on the edge of sanity
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    They had the women-only cars during morning and evening rush hours in Nagoya and the idea just pissed me off. I feel that by failing to confront the actual problem they're just making it more acceptable. Just putting women in a different car doesn't fix the problem; in a way, I even think it exacerbates it. The molestors' behaviors aren't changing or even being addressed. And what of the women who stay in the mixed-gender cars?
    They're obviously sluts who want to get groped.

    ...at least, that's what the general opinion will become.

  20. #60
    Senior Member kalliea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA
    Posts
    11,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    They had the women-only cars during morning and evening rush hours in Nagoya and the idea just pissed me off. I feel that by failing to confront the actual problem they're just making it more acceptable. Just putting women in a different car doesn't fix the problem; in a way, I even think it exacerbates it. The molestors' behaviors aren't changing or even being addressed. And what of the women who stay in the mixed-gender cars?
    I disagree. I think the women only cabins are a helpful step. It keeps women safe and lets them ride in comfort while other options are being explored (on how to deal with gropers.) If they declared they were just doing women only compartments and calling it good I would agree with you, but this is only a short term solution and they are still trying to install cameras, have more police, raise awareness etc. Didn't a groper jump on the tracks a while back because a group of people were chasing him? I think they just added cameras and extra police patrols on lines with groping problems.

    So, basically, I think they are providing a safe haven while they deal with the problem, rather than instead of dealing with it.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •