Thread: Verb conjugation

Default Verb conjugation

Okay I'm having a bit of trouble with verb conjugation. My tutor has made a song to teach us how to work out the ending of Te-form verbs but it just isn't sticking with me at all.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for getting the basics down? Any good websites or what-not..it would really be much appreciated

Default Re: Verb conjugation

I can't really recommend any sites off the top of my head specifically for that.

But some encouragement I can give is that the conjugation for て form and informal-past (た) is the same so once you learn one you'll be able to do the other.

Cheers dude, guess I'll just persevere. Could be worse, could be learning Chinese..

There was a really really useful chart i used in the back of my old textbook that just listed all of the forums. My teacher tried to get us to learn the song, but I said F*** that cuz i could never remember it and just burned it into my brain.

If there is ever a verb you're unsure of, look it up on the Jim Breen dictionary (Jim Breen's WWWJDIC) and type in the verb in dictionary form. then click the (v) button and it gives you all the conjugations and you can see where you're going wrong.
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    If there is ever a verb you're unsure of, look it up on the Jim Breen dictionary (Jim Breen's WWWJDIC) and type in the verb in dictionary form. then click the (v) button and it gives you all the conjugations and you can see where you're going wrong.
    Such a very amazing link!

for me it just had to stick with a lot of practice and time. you can kind memorize for tests but until it comes out naturally you'll have trouble having a normal conversation. i know this is obvious but the best way for it to sink in permanently is to speak japanese daily, or move to japan.