Thread: Amity Seminar

Default Amity Seminar

The Amity seminar is Atlanta is next weekend. Any one else going? Also, what is the proper dress attire? I assumed sports coat and dress shirt/pants combo would do fine. Is that too much?

Daddyatemyfries

Default Re: Amity Seminar

Dress to impress=Business attire!!
    I wish you look

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyatemyfries View Post
    Dress to impress=Business attire!!
    I wish you look

Daddyatemyfries

lol I meant luck!!
    thinking about look/luck at the same time >p

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyatemyfries View Post
    lol I meant luck!!
    thinking about look/luck at the same time >p
    I'm thinking about chocolate and peanut butter at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Default Re: Amity Seminar

Thanks! Right now I'm really worried about the part where I have to pretend to tach a class. Does any one whose ever done an interview with Amity or Aeon have any tips for me?

---- Edit: This is about ECC. I posted this to the wrong thread. ----

I interviewed there a couple months ago and didn't get in, so I don't know how much help this will be.

The guy will give the group of you a topic, it will be animals because I'm sure those materials haven't been changed in years, and then you will have about 20min to come up with a lesson. You will get puppets and masks and flashcards etc.

You will come up with activities to introduce new vocab and each person will take a part. Basically the first activity will give them the word, and the last in the group will try to get the "kids" to produce the word, and the two in the middle will be working progressively towards that goal. You then follow the same pattern for a short phrase with the vocab. You then present this lesson with about 3 min for each part.

One thing that he seemed to want aside from genki was to not use words other than the vocab or phrases, but to demonstrate with actions what you wanted the students to do.

If you have any more questions just ask.

Also if he asks you what is unusual about the contract (since you have read the materials he sent you you should know) tell him it is that "you don't sign your contract until after you complete training in Japan". He said that if we had known the answer that would have been enough to hire us, but who knows.
    Last edited by 人工知能; February 23rd, 2011 at 22:03.