Thread: INTERAC Questions!

Default INTERAC Questions!

Hi, I just passed the phone interview and I had a few questions about it. I hope someone can help me answer them
    (I'm applying for the August position)

1.The lady said I will be having my orientation sometime in April. What comes after that? How likely is it for me to get the job if I passed the phone interview at this point?

2 What is probability in terms of level of students I'll be teaching? (Elementary/Middle/High school)

3.When I browse through the interac website, and I click on employment and it shows the job listing for each region, I noticed that there are other jobs besides ALT and they have higher pay and different conditions. What are these? Am I able to apply for these? Are these the same as the ALT job I applied for?

4. I need to submit documents but I'm still in school and I will be getting my diploma around May. Is it too late to submit it during May? Will they understand my situation? I know JET won't mind but Interac I'm not sure about

Thanks in advance!!!

Default Re: INTERAC Questions!

I'm going to further this and ask: What documents do you need to submit? I kept a few photocopies from my JET application (Academic transcript, medical statement, Proof of degree letter)

Is this what they are after? And, are the photocopies enough or will I need to source them newly again? (I have an original academic transcript, but the other two are photocopies)

~

1. After the phone interview you have to go to a seminar where there is a presentation about Interac, grammar test, you tape a 5min demo lesson, and have a personal interview with the recruiter. She told us at the seminar that it was probably about 75% who get in from that point. So fairly good I think. Once they have all your documents they send them to Tokyo for review and you should know within 3 weeks if you got the job. After that they start your visa process and start finding a placement for you.

2. No idea. I suspect Elementary & Mid are more common though.

3. I think those are for people already in Japan who already have working visas.

4. You have to submit some proof of graduation as part of the packet that goes to Japan. (Either letter from University or copy of diploma) I'm not sure if they will accept an expected graduation letter or something but this is one of the things they have to have before they can decide to hire you or not. Just send them an email asking about your specific situation.

MJM: I don't remember exactly but: official transcripts, copy of diploma, resume, criminal background check, copy of passport page. Might be something else I'm forgetting but those were the major ones. They also have to get responses from two of your references before they will send your packet to Japan.

Hey I'd like to add my own question too - when applying, did you guys enter your high school into the education history? I'm only asking because JET didn't want it.

EDIT: I just thought of another question - should I list a university that I only spent two semesters at? I didn't receive a degree, so would this actually look bad? On the other hand though, it says all academic history...

Thanks for a response
    Last edited by PumpkinPie; February 20th, 2011 at 08:10.

I wouldn't add the two semester uni unless those semesters counted toasted your degree. And yes, you need to add that primary school information too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

This guys blog covers all the pros and cons of working for Interac in a fair, unbiased manner. He really is an expert on Japan and the Interac hiring process. You should check it out.

PDixon i-to-i Chalkboard | TEFL and TESOL Community
    Ok, picture a mind.... Now flay that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by mothy
    You're the best thing to happen this year.

OP, with all due respect, if you passed the phone interview you should know the answer to all these questions with the documentation your recruiter sent you (except #3). Did you fail to read over the stuff? Considering you had to read and understand an FAQ to answer questions for your phone interview, I can't imagine you're going to do too well if you don't learn to read a little further. That's just plain honesty--have questions, but don't make them spoonfeed you information that can be found in what they already sent you.

As far as your degree itself, I am also receiving mine in May. It says on that same document that this is just fine, but they will not send your information off to Tokyo until you provide them with proof that you HAVE graduated. Not will graduate, but have done so. So once you graduate, you need to ASAP send them the following:

Official transcript or official letter of completion of degree requirements
    The transcript or letter must state the name of the degree you earned and the date it was
    conferred. If you have not graduated yet, please submit it as soon as it becomes available after
    graduation (accepted only by mail in a sealed envelope)

It's all outlined really clearly in the stuff you're sent when you pass your phone interview. If you didn't get these documents, PM me your email address and I'll send them to you, or else get in contact with your recruiter. You should have these and there should be very few questions like you're asking.

That said, the as-of-yet unanswered question about education... On your online resume you do not need to list your high school, but on the resume you send them as part of the packet that goes to Japan you do need to list the location and dates attended of EVERY school you have ever attended, from elementary school on. No matter if you graduated there or not. However, you'll only be asked to do this if you pass the phone screening. It says specifically:

Resume (minimum one page)
    Please include all the dates of attendance and locations of your elementary school(s), middle
    school(s) and/or junior high school(s), high school(s), and college(s)/university or universities. List
    your work history including the month and year for starting and ending dates, and be sure to include
    your current employment. Future graduates: Complete your resume as if you have already graduated.
    It cannot include phrases such as “expected graduation:” or “will graduate” or dates of attendance as
    “September 2007 – current”. (accepted by email, upload, or mail)
    Last edited by Kapparin; March 15th, 2011 at 04:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparin View Post
    OP, with all due respect, if you passed the phone interview you should know the answer to all these questions with the documentation your recruiter sent you (except #3). Did you fail to read over the stuff? Considering you had to read and understand an FAQ to answer questions for your phone interview, I can't imagine you're going to do too well if you don't learn to read a little further. That's just plain honesty--have questions, but don't make them spoonfeed you information that can be found in what they already sent you.

As far as your degree itself, I am also receiving mine in May. It says on that same document that this is just fine, but they will not send your information off to Tokyo until you provide them with proof that you HAVE graduated. Not will graduate, but have done so. So once you graduate, you need to ASAP send them the following:

Official transcript or official letter of completion of degree requirements
    The transcript or letter must state the name of the degree you earned and the date it was
    conferred. If you have not graduated yet, please submit it as soon as it becomes available after
    graduation (accepted only by mail in a sealed envelope)

It's all outlined really clearly in the stuff you're sent when you pass your phone interview. If you didn't get these documents, PM me your email address and I'll send them to you, or else get in contact with your recruiter. You should have these and there should be very few questions like you're asking.

That said, the as-of-yet unanswered question about education... On your online resume you do not need to list your high school, but on the resume you send them as part of the packet that goes to Japan you do need to list the location and dates attended of EVERY school you have ever attended, from elementary school on. No matter if you graduated there or not. However, you'll only be asked to do this if you pass the phone screening. It says specifically:

Resume (minimum one page)
    Please include all the dates of attendance and locations of your elementary school(s), middle
    school(s) and/or junior high school(s), high school(s), and college(s)/university or universities. List
    your work history including the month and year for starting and ending dates, and be sure to include
    your current employment. Future graduates: Complete your resume as if you have already graduated.
    It cannot include phrases such as “expected graduation:” or “will graduate” or dates of attendance as
    “September 2007 – current”. (accepted by email, upload, or mail)
    If I remember correctly, the OP hadn't been sent the email yet. Which is why he asked. A month has passed since he put the question up. (I'm assuming he made this thread moments after his interview, as they may have forgotten ask these themselves on the phone.)

A chill pill is required on your part me thinks.

Hey Sindy, did you get onto Interac?

Not been here for a while...

Still waiting to hear back Sakurahosi. I received an email last Monday stating there will be delays in the selection process from Tokyo HO, understandably.

So... just waiting really.

Quote Originally Posted by sinderella View Post
    Still waiting to hear back Sakurahosi. I received an email last Monday stating there will be delays in the selection process from Tokyo HO, understandably.

So... just waiting really.
    Well good luck, let me know.

I guess all the JET candidates who got interviews will be finding out soon if they got in. So jealous! Never mind. I'm not sure if I'm going to re-apply this year or leave it for a few years.

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

So no one on here knows where they are going yet? That means none of you will be replacing my friends. Hmm

Ps to the poster who did an essay up there. It's only interac. Probably one of the worst alt companies around. You don't need to get stressed over such a poor contract and salary.

To those who didn't get in, it could ve a good thing. Look for one of the smaller companies like w5 or owls. The reason interac is bad is because it is nationwide and they just come into the auctions for the BOEs each year, bids the lowest and then works from there. Their tactics are much like novas were. Smaller companies are more likely to have been at a boe for longer and although they hbe to make sure they are not charging too much, in my (second hand) experience you are more likely to get a better pay and better benefits. This isn't the same in all cases though, I believe jojo is on interac and she appears to be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_igirisu View Post
    I believe jojo is on interac and she appears to be ok.
    lol

How are you? Yes yes!

?? Did you not say that somewhere?I get confused a lot. I once accused alphabet of being British.

?? Did you not say that somewhere?I get confused a lot. I once accused alphabet of being British.
    i do work for them but im not a woman
    personally i think they are an okay company - i havnt had any problems. There are some companies that pay a little better but usually those are eikiwa type positions with a lot more contact hours.
    Last edited by Jojo; March 23rd, 2011 at 11:42.
    How are you? Yes yes!

Ajaha sorry! I thought you'd mentioned a boyfriend (unless you are of the homosexual nature, in which case that's cool too!!)

Interac came and undercut w5, who had been with us for 6 or so years. 3/7 people are unable or unwilling to up their life here and are going to move to interac but the difference in contract is pretty bad. It's my city's fault for having a rule that says it must go with the cheapest company.

Ajaha sorry! I thought you'd mentioned a boyfriend (unless you are of the homosexual nature, in which case that's cool too!!)

Interac came and undercut w5, who had been with us for 6 or so years. 3/7 people are unable or unwilling to up their life here and are going to move to interac but the difference in contract is pretty bad. It's my city's fault for having a rule that says it must go with the cheapest company.
    lol its cool - ill have to remember not to mention my internet boyfriend anymore or my girlfriend will be jelous But yeah - that sucks what happened with your b.o.e...to be honest its not so much Interac as the system - they all do it... only last year Heart co. came into Niigata and took all the High school positions leaving around 30 alts to decide between a big pay cut or changing schools/relocating.

To anyone wanting to come work with any dispatch company - Interac, heart, ALITA etc - just remember that your position is not locked in and contracts often change within 2 weeks of the new school term - if you want/need security you should go with an eikiwa or JET
    How are you? Yes yes!