Page 1 of 83 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasting time until results...

Default Wasting time until results...

Welp...since most interviews are done and dusted...thought it might be time to start a new thread for all us to bitch about random crap and wait until results come out.

So update us with what you are doing to waste time!

Me? Thankfully school is managing to take up most of my 'omgomgomg hurry up results' time. I've got some very demanding classes this year, so I have zero social life. Seriously...trying to get kids with the writing/reading age of a 6 year old up to a 13 year old level is bloody tricky) Also dealing with the after-effects of the shock of the Christchurch earthquake that has happened here in NZ Thankfully all of my friends in the city have been accounted for (one was very very lucky, as her work place was levelled and several people died, but she was at a client's workplace that day), but the death toll is currently at 145, with 200+ people missing.

My Japanese has taken a hit by my sheer laziness, but bought a new book/cd set (Belitz Japanaese in 30 days to go with my Genki and Japanese for Busy People) to waste what little time I have.

Oh...and then there's the alcohol. Woooo wine on a Saturday night.

What are y'all up to?
    Last edited by Cytrix; February 26th, 2011 at 19:49. Reason: Lol wine
    tabemoto...: Cooking in southern Japan

Default Re: Wasting time until results...

Well, I'll be starting Japanese courses in March, so that accounts for two nights a week until mid April. Then I also have my church that I'm involved in. I'm still teaching Skiing until mid March and then after that looking for a new job will take up a fair amount of time. And of course there is always drinking....
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

****Grrr, Double post
    Last edited by MCAS; February 27th, 2011 at 00:51. Reason: double post
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

Trying to pass my driving test, essays to write, exams to revise for. I have so much to keep me occupied, even if it is pretty stressful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    what the fuck does all of this have to do with bear arms? If you can't stick to the topic at hand I wish you'd just keep your mouth shut and quit derailing a perfectly good thread about bear arms.

Looking for work mostly, beyond that I'm doing some informal English tuition and counting the days.

I'm on the organizational committee for an international philosophy conference, so that will be sucking up a lot of time. In fact, right now I should be grading submissions, but there's a limit to how many essays I can read in one sitting, especially when some are pretty bad. Then there's regular course work. I'm trying to end school on a high note, especially since I want to go to grad school eventually.

My problem is my mind wanders, and I know I'll just start thinking about JET, and imagining what it will be like if I get in. I know it's dangerous to think about stuff like that, but it's just in my nature to do so. And the fact that there's down time in everyday, even if it's just the commute to school, I'll probably be wondering whether or not I got in.
    ROLL iT OVER SON, AND LEAVE THE MAX

TBH since the interview I've stopped learning Japanese or watching Japanese movies or anything. Trying to forget about Japan
    in case the answer is a bad one so then I won't be so crushed.

Cytrix, glad to hear you and your friends are all okay. We got a tiny earthquake here on O'ahu a couple of days ago, but those are pretty frequent and absolutely nothing compared to Christchurch.

School's keeping me pretty busy during the wait. Classes, training, ensemble practice, studying for the GMAT in May, part-time job. I have a pretty tight schedule and shouldn't even be here posting this, haha. My Japanese class this year is an oral in formal situations (i.e. interviews), and it's been breaking my brain all semester. Our next big project is interviewing an "expert" in Japanese, complete with introductory email and phone call, as well as keigo throughout. Fun times.

Good luck to everyone.

Cytrix, glad to hear you and your friends are all okay. We got a tiny earthquake here on O'ahu a couple of days ago, but those are pretty frequent and absolutely nothing compared to Christchurch.

School's keeping me pretty busy during the wait. Classes, training, ensemble practice, studying for the GMAT in May, part-time job. I have a pretty tight schedule and shouldn't even be here posting this, haha. My Japanese class this year is an oral in formal situations (i.e. interviews), and it's been breaking my brain all semester. Our next big project is interviewing an "expert" in Japanese, complete with introductory email and phone call, as well as keigo throughout. Fun times.

Good luck to everyone.

Oh, I forgot to add this to my post. "and agonizing over my interview wondering if I did well enough to get in."

BTW, glad to hear all your friends are ok.

I've been trying my best to ignore the whole results wait, but when my friends ask me at least twice a week if I've heard anything yet...urrrrrrggg wish I never told themmmmmmmmm
    tabemoto...: Cooking in southern Japan

I'll be listening to Fat Jon and Flying Lotus straight non stop until results are posted.

And reading Game of Thrones (great great distraction)

Kuro you trying to finish them before the television series comes out?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    I've been trying my best to ignore the whole results wait, but when my friends ask me at least twice a week if I've heard anything yet...urrrrrrggg wish I never told themmmmmmmmm
    Agreed, I've been getting the same question at least once a week since I sent in my application.

Quote Originally Posted by MCAS View Post
    Agreed, I've been getting the same question at least once a week since I sent in my application.
    Yes, it's the same with my co-workers. I appreciate their interest (and they are so supportive too!) ... but come April it's going to be really embarrassing when I will likely have to tell them it's a no go.
    I have seen the life on this planet, Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanna View Post
    Yes, it's the same with my co-workers. I appreciate their interest (and they are so supportive too!) ... but come April it's going to be really embarrassing when I will likely have to tell them it's a no go.
    I feel the same way! Everyone around me is so supportive, and I don't want to have to tell them if I get rejected. It's not like I was busy spreading the word that I was applying, but what am I supposed to say when they ask me what I'm doing after graduation?

Quote Originally Posted by cielbleu View Post
    I feel the same way! Everyone around me is so supportive, and I don't want to have to tell them if I get rejected. It's not like I was busy spreading the word that I was applying, but what am I supposed to say when they ask me what I'm doing after graduation?
    You're thinking about grad school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    You're thinking about grad school.
    Exactly.

Well, I am (after working for a bit), so it wouldn't be a lie. Ah, oh well.

Yeah, the big problem here is that I keep getting asked by concerned friends and relatives about it. They forget I'm going to find out in April. And whilst all this is going on, I have this ominous thought of "you've put all your eggs in one basket".
    Last edited by ManOverboard1986; February 28th, 2011 at 05:19.