Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: [video]

  1. #1
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default [video]

    I would sometimes like to embed video from sources other than YouTube. The [video] code doesn't seem to work here, though. Is it disabled for a reason? Is there any way to embed video from sites other than YouTube?
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  2. #2
    magic markers Gezora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GANG
    Posts
    22,839

    Default

    Yeah, I would like to know too. There is lots of cool stuff on Vimeo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

  3. #3
    Senior Member mothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a happy rainbow
    Posts
    12,291

    Default Re: [video]

    And redtube.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

    RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

  4. #4

    Default

    No idea. It's not disabled, it just isn't available. Maybe that's a new feature in VBulletin 4?
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

  5. #5
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: [video]

    Hmm, not sure. I was looking up VBulletin codes trying to figure out how to embed other video sources and found [video] mentioned, but I'm not sure what version it appeared in. I'll check it out tomorrow; if it's realistically possible, I'd love to see such a feature implemented. No hurry or anything; it'd just be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  6. #6
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: [video]

    Yeah, you're right; it looks like the [video] tag was first implemented in version 4 somewhere.

    You can embed video from other sites in version 3.x, but you have to have HTML enabled to do that, and I understand that could cause some bigger headaches. There may be a plugin for 3.x that will allow you to use other sites (like Vimeo and such) with the [youtube] tag, I think; I stumbled on a post where someone was discussing something of the sort. I'll check out that option, but just outta curiosity, is an upgrade to VBulletin 4.x within the realm of possibility?
    Last edited by word; March 25th, 2011 at 10:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  7. #7

    Default Re: [video]

    We would need to buy another license they aren't cheap.

    Maybe next year if we have a bit of cash built up from itil donations, but of course the hosting fees are more important.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

  8. #8
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: [video]

    Actually, that's not true in this forum, 404. HTML coding is disabled, probably for good reason.

    You've made four posts on this forum as I write this. None of them are helpful in any sense of the word; in fact, I find myself debating as to whether or not you are a spammer attempting to build a post count. So, fair warning... I'm watching you. Mess with the Pink Dagger, and you're gonna get poked.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  9. #9
    Senior Member mothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a happy rainbow
    Posts
    12,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Actually, that's not true in this forum, 404. HTML coding is disabled, probably for good reason.

    You've made four posts on this forum as I write this. None of them are helpful in any sense of the word; in fact, I find myself debating as to whether or not you are a spammer attempting to build a post count. So, fair warning... I'm watching you. Mess with the Pink Dagger, and you're gonna get poked.
    What are you waiting for? Ban him! Need more reason?

    Quote Originally Posted by 404NotFound View Post
    The videos can be embedded easily if there code is correct. Hope you know some html .
    Banbanbanbanbanban!
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

    RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •