Thread: Hokkaido Prefecture [Hakodate City] Job Opening

Default Hokkaido Prefecture (Hakodate City) Job Opening

This position has been filled and I am no longer a contact for this workplace
    Last edited by ltimberlake; May 11th, 2012 at 19:48.

Banned

If English lessons are one of your main sources of income why are you offering such a joke of a salary? I spend more than that on imported cheeses every month.

Default Re: Hokkaido Prefecture (Hakodate City) Job Opening

I am the current teacher and the salary has been more than enough for me to live comfortably, pay my student loans and travel throughout Japan and SE Asia in the past year.The salary is set by the YWCA, keeping in mind this is for 4 days a week and after taxes. There is also a ton of vacation time.

Vacation time
    Summer:
    1 week off in June
    2 weeks off August.
    Winter: 2 weeks off usually from 12/23-1/10
    Spring: 1 1/2 weeks off
    Fall: 1 week off in September.

Last edited by ltimberlake; April 5th, 2011 at 15:48.

Which country are u recruitiing from leah?

That sounds awesome. I spent a few days in Hakodate and I really liked the city a lot. (Much more than I was expecting. Almost requested it on my JET app even.) It kind of reminded me of some cities in Oregon. Charmingly dilapidated in some areas, interesting history, laid back, kinda hip. If I was in Japan, this is the kind of job opening I'd be hoping to see come up. I'm sure for the right person this will be a good gig. Good luck.

Not recruiting from any particular country. The only requirement is the English teachers native language must be English. Please email me if you are still interested. leahctimberlake@gmail.com