Thread: Do you all think this could negatively affect my chances?

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

Default Do you all think this could negatively affect my chances?

(taken from my post in LA interviews....wanna know what everyone thinks)
    the only question i answered wrong was "What if a student asked you how many lovers you had what would you tell them?" I told them that "I am a virgin and I have none (this is true by the way)" and they told me that I should probably change the subject...No regrets though...that was how i was planning on answering a question like that anyway and i did say that i would remember that when i got there....hope it doesnt finish me off what do the rest of you think?

You think that may negatively affect me much? outside of that i think the interview went great!! they were laughing and it almost seemed kinda fun...i guess i was just happy to make it this far in the first place!!

really don't worry about that. they may say you should change the subject, it all depends on the situation as to what you say, to some kids I say I have no g/f to others I say I have 7, one for everyday of the week. either way they'll be interested and most probably forget.

the fact you said, I'll remember that answer, to their suggestion tells them that you are adaptable and can follow instruction, perfect characters in my opinion. and when you see the some of the pervs on JET you'll realise that the process is a lot more confused then it first seems.
    "could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of Ishmolites?"
    www.oitajets.com

If you spend any amount of time with someone of the opposite sex, your students will assume you're at it like bunnies, so whatever you tell them makes no difference. Don't worry about it!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

I wouldnt worry about it in the slightest!! If its an honest answer they cant argue with it and if they suggest you say something else well then thats just a suggestion not a reprimand!!

And you got them laughing and joking and in my books thats the most important part of the interview and later the actual job!Well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shotokai
    I say I have 7, one for everyday of the week. .
    I say this also. And if they ask their names I say Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc.

Good job they didnt ask in the interview "So what would you say if a student came up to you and asked you the size of your wedding tackle"?

This is also a question I get asked. My usual response is "bigger than yours".
    This response usually ends it.