Thread: Is this shady or am I being paranoid?

Default Is this shady or am I being paranoid?

Effectively, instructors take home 95% of their gross earnings.

Instructors do not have deductions taken for either social insurance (eg. the National Health Insurance plan, National Pension Plan, etc…) or labor insurance (worker’s compensation, etc…) systems.
    Is this on the legal up and up for Japanese labor laws? I'll omit the company name.

Default Re: Is this shady or am I being paranoid?

I'm not a Japanese legal expert but I think there is a very narrow loophole which permits certain types of foreign workers not to enter those schemes. But if I remember the articles I read about it the rule only exists notionally because no one has expressed said "No; that's definitely illegal."

If it's somewhere like interac they will insist you don't work more than 39.5 hours a week so you can be classed as part time staff so you don't get enrolled in all those programs.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    If it's somewhere like interac they will insist you don't work more than 39.5 hours a week so you can be classed as part time staff so you don't get enrolled in all those programs.
    its 29.5 per week and the company is not interack as employees are now signed up for all that..

@ Lost - basically its not legal but unless someone challenges them through a union they wont get in trouble for it... your call
    How are you? Yes yes!