Thread: Interac references

Default Interac references

Hey

Can anyone tell me the format that Interac require the references to be in? I'm going to apply to Interac as a backup incase I don't get into JET this year, but their website doesn't really explain much about what they want. So is the process:

Fill in online form
    Receive phone interview
    Attend face to face interview, grammar test and demo lesson
    Wait to hear if successful and available placement

That's the idea I got from the website but there's no mention of what documents they require and when they will need them. Can anyone shed light? Thanks.

Default Re: Interac references

There is job history and acadamic history section on the online form, the references are completed here. All you need is their current contact details and they will contact your references. This will happen after your seminar if you get one.

Don't forget there's a spelling test too, as well as a personality test. The seminar will include a presentation where they run through power point slides to cover most of the questions you might have floating around in your head.

The documents you will need for the seminar is a copy of your passport, 2 passport photos, CV, a copy of your degree certificate, an official letter of graduation (this is a letter written from your uni confirming the dates of your attendance, degree you were awarded and the date it was awarded) and a copy of your TEFL, TESOL etc certificate if you have one.

If you pass the phone interview, you will get an email with all the information regarding the seminar and what you'll need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by disguisedrobot View Post

letter of graduation (this is a letter written from your uni confirming the dates of your attendance, degree you were awarded and the date it was awarded)

what if you havent graduated yet? i have my seminar/interview next week?
    thanks, John

Thanks, that's really helpful. Sounds like I can just photocopy a lot of the stuff I'm using for JET. So they don't need actual written references, just the names and addresses and they'll obtain it directly. They have an intake in March and August, is that right? I was thinking of applying in January, or would it be best to apply after I've received a JET interview? (fingers crossed I will!)

Default Re: Interac references

John: I'm sure it's fine, you've told them so they know about it. If it wasn't you wouldn't have been offered the interview. You'll most likely have to post it to them as soon as you recieve it.

Sakurahoshi: No problem. March and August, yes. Most people apply in for August because you'll leaving at roughly the same time as if you got the JET placement. If you went for the March intake and you got an alternate for JET, you'll have to decide whether to risk waiting to see if for your status to be changed or just go for Interac.