Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Interac fall 2011: accepted yet?

Yeah, not so good.

Tomorrow will make a week since the seminar/interview. I don't quite expect to hear back this early but I am still a tad nervous. I'm not too worried about placements.. I come from a very small town so being in the sticks doesn't bother me much. If I get the job. -laughs-
    Last edited by lilaclavenderblue; June 11th, 2011 at 02:14.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaclavenderblue View Post
    Tomorrow will make a week since the seminar/interview. I don't quite expect to hear back this early but I am still a tad nervous. I'm not too worried about placements.. I come from a very small town so being in the sticks doesn't bother me much. If I get the job. -laughs-
    i was 2-3 weeks waiting on a reply!!

Default Re: Interac fall 2011: accepted yet?

Nico it might be worth giving them a bell!

jd: Thanks, I hope so too! Once I have an address I'll get them to post the gear to me as soon as poss.

disguisedrobot: No they aren't paying for my plane ticket. My signing package is just a bit different. I'm getting the move in help as well as the extra money on my first paycheck but that's it. Though the loan is still an option for me though.

Good luck with the packing! trying to focus myself to get started on that as well ^^

Quote Originally Posted by disguisedrobot View Post
    Nico it might be worth giving them a bell!
    They've checked my references and called the school I currently work at, which gave me a glowing review, and they have all of my paperwork. I sent my recruiter an e-mail on Wednesday and she said they were swamped and that she'd try to talk to the central office. Maybe next week!

Heya, posted this on another forum as well, but it's good to see that a good few are heading out soon as well. I had my seminar on May 30th, heard from Tokyo on Thursday, and got my flights from Oxford yesterday. I fly out June 19th on the early package thing as well, to start orientation on the 21st, (my birthday, hehe).
    @oneokbunny: So your flights weren't paid for, but you're still eligible for the loan? Anyone else know what the story with the loan is for people on the early package with flights paid? Waiting on response from them about that.

Hope to see some of you in Tokyo next week

@Eliza: Yeah it's not. I think the flights being paid for are for those coming over on the working holiday visa which the US does not have sadly. I had plans change so money wise going early helped out with everything so I needed to make sure i could still get the loan. It has to be paid back over 6 months though. When you hear back from them and if they say you can get the loan make sure you print that out and have it with you. As I hear it Interac is a good company but they can be a little forgetful sometimes ^^

Passed all my exams!! YATA!
    just need to get a lett from college now, and im good to go!

Woo hoo I got accepted however im not sure if I want to go in Sep or March :P

Anyone had their Japanese level check yet?

I put my level as intermediate but it has been such a long time since I used Japanese on a daily basis so I'm a little worried over it. Didn't take up the early package offer so I'm scheduled for the fall intake as I would like to know beforehand where I'm heading and have some say as to where I'll be placed.

iknow: I leave in 10 days and still haven't had my check. I did receive an email telling me who the staff were so I know who does the level check. I found though with the never ending recruiting that they can be... forgetful ^^ I email them asking what's going on with my CoE and I got a few emails about the company and the next stage.

I'm sure if you emailed them about it you'll most likely get a date for the check. ^^

From what was written in the email I received from them the level check seemed to be a minor thing which just helps Interac to decide placement.
    Hmm I'm kind of hoping they forget the check lol. I'm worried that I'll fail even to string up the simplest of sentences!!! I'm so rusty! (>.<)

But yeh, probably best to email them and see whats happening as I havent had contact from them for a while now.

10 days?! Good luck with everything!

Yeah I got that email the week before last as well but I'm not expecting anything concerning anything for a while yet. As for the Japanese check, try not to think about it. I've had many like it and the key is just to be confident. I'm usually pretty fluent but if I start to worry about my ability while specking I don't stand a chance.