Thread: Only one student in the class

Default Only one student in the class

At one of my smallest elementary schools, the 5th and 6th grades are combined. This school year there is only one 6th grader and no 5th graders. I'm sort of at a loss on what to do with her. She's already done all of Eigo Note 2 as a 5th grader, and it seems the JT wants to do it again with her this year, which is fine, but I want to do something a little more engaging than just sticking to the textbook. Does anyone have any experience in this kind of situation or can offer any suggestions for activities? Thanks!

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

Have a look olive for games aimed at private lessons.

My elem private student is pretty high level but some of the games we play are:

Make a load of cards of words you're studying (fruit or whatever, I do verbs with their past tense) and do that game where you find the pair by turning over two at a time.

Draw a secret picture each and describe it to the other to draw. "there is a cat on the table. Next to the table there is a book". That takes a lot of vocab prep but it's good.

Lots of songs and tongue twisters etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

Sorry that's online not olive. Damn auto correct
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/