Thread: Help with Pension Refund Please!

Default Help with Pension Refund Please!

Hi all, I'm finally applying for my pension refund, I have been involved with a time consuming move so I really haven't been able to work on it until now, and I have a few questions about the forms and the process. I have scoured online for anyone asking these questions and haven't found it yet, and then went straight to JET without any help so hopefully you all can help me out.

1) On the "History" portion of the form (page 12) tells us to include the "Office Name" and then the "Office Address or the address when you joined the National pension", but below claims "(Note) for the period you were in the Nat'l Pension Plan, fill in only the address of the place you lived"

So Under "Office Name" is that me? Or where I was employed or something else?

And then for address should I put my employer's address (BOE) or my address?

2) On the main form (page 11) They ask for a certified bank stamp. I assume this would typically be a fairly small square red thingy they use everywhere in Japan, but my American bank has a huge 1 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch official stamp with some sort of special green ink and a bar code that even has a signature.

Is this what they want? Is having a huge stamp that hangs outside of the box okay?

3) On the main form (page 11) it asks for my Bank account number ONLY. But my bank tells me the Pension people will also need my bank's routing number.

Has anyone had this problem before? So do you really need a routing number? Where could/should I include it if I had to write it in?

I think that's it for now. Thanks for putting up with me, I'm pretty stressed out since there is thousands of dollars at stake here and I don't want to throw a wrench into their processes.

Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Help with Pension Refund Please!

poopface! POOPFACE! calm down! it is ok. i don't know any of these answers but i will make soothing sounds to soothe your poopy face.

1. i think they want the BOE's name/address. why would they want your name there? c'mon poopface.
    2. as long as the stamp indicates that this document has been officially approved by the bank, i'm sure it's fine.
    3. i don't know. write it at the bottom with a little, shrugging stick man.

i made all of these answers up, but they could be correct. i would suggest getting in touch with your BOE and/or bank.

1) They want your BOEs name and address.
    2) I had the same concern with the stamp (my bank's stamp was just the stamp with the address they put on checks) but the bank teller got as much of it in the box as she could and I guess it was okay.
    3) I'm pretty sure they need the routing number. I included a deposit slip from my checkbook and highlighted the routing number and account number.

Good luck, here's hoping for a speedy refund!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladama View Post
    1) They want your BOEs name and address.
    2) I had the same concern with the stamp (my bank's stamp was just the stamp with the address they put on checks) but the bank teller got as much of it in the box as she could and I guess it was okay.
    3) I'm pretty sure they need the routing number. I included a deposit slip from my checkbook and highlighted the routing number and account number.

Good luck, here's hoping for a speedy refund!

Yeah these are my issues too! So you did it and it turned up no problem?
    if you want proof, try math or alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
    Yeah these are my issues too! So you did it and it turned up no problem?
    Yup, sent it in at the beginning of October last year and got it mid February, so just over 4 months.

Thank you! Sent it out on Friday.

You guys know that registered bank stamps is for Japanese banks only, right?

Not that it caused your applications to be rejected or anything, but unless you are banking with Mitsubishi you shouldn't be putting a stamp on your forms.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Yeah but they need proof of it otherwise.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

a wave of friends (including myself) just got our lump sum or tax portion back over the last week. I have been gone from japan for almost a year to the day.

I applied for the first part mid september'ish and it arrived in February, then sent the paperwork to my tax rep the next day and 6 months later i got my 2nd part.
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

what's with all this "page 11" business? i got one page that looks like this: http://www.hyogoajet.net/w/images/9/94/Dattai-form1.PNG

edit: i think i figured it out. looks like the idiot brigade just forgot to give me the other page i need. found it online.
    Last edited by dirtbag; August 19th, 2011 at 23:16.

Yeah that's the guide I used when I filled mine out.

Are we supposed to put a routing number somewhere? My bank said without a routing number it won't work. This is Bank of America by the way.

Mr buffet himself loves bank of merika

Did you guys have your pension sent to a savings account or checking account?

checking

Ok, I guess I will try it without the routing number. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cm2jr4 View Post
    Ok, I guess I will try it without the routing number. Thanks
    It doesn't explicitly say to write down the "routing number" but I think it's better to include it than to not. If they don't need it, whatever, but if they do and it's not included, it could delay your refund several months. As I wrote before, I included a deposit slip from my checkbook with the routing number and account number highlighted.
    Last edited by Ladama; August 27th, 2011 at 08:14.

Yeah in that box I just put Account # and the Routing #. Hopefully whoever is processing it isn't an idiot and knows why I wrote two numbers.