Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Successor information is out

Default Successor information is out

I'm a CIR in Hokkaido, and I have copies of the applications of every new JET placed in my city in my computer. So, the BOEs know who they are getting. Sit tight guys, you'll find out your placements soon!

By the way, I think you all should be outraged that BOEs let JET scum like me review your entire applications, including transcripts and medical history. That is personal information! We share this information with other JETs and pass judgements on you all before you even arrive!

Default Re: Successor information is out

That's. . . just creepy. Perhaps it's because of your CIR position that you are able to view all of the incoming JETs' information for your city, you being a coordinator and all. Otherwise, I could understand an ALT getting the skimmy on his or her successor, but anymore than that-- creepy.
    Post indiscriminately. Get slandered. Lol without ceasing.

My kyoto just told me that the BOE has the info so I will go over later to take a look. Apparently they are going to ask me to translate some things from the application or something... all I know so far is that the person speaks no Japanese and has my school worried haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Twala View Post
    That's. . . just creepy. Perhaps it's because of your CIR position that you are able to view all of the incoming JETs' information for your city, you being a coordinator and all. Otherwise, I could understand an ALT getting the skimmy on his or her successor, but anymore than that-- creepy.
    Well, I was an ALT before in a town with me and one other JET, and both of us were leaving at the same time. My supervisor let us see both applications. She asked us what we thought of them, and also asked us our opinions on who we thought should be our successors.

I think the small town BOEs usually don't have someone who speaks English so they can't even really understand the applications. They pass them to the ALTs or CIRs and ask our opinions, and then they form their opinions based on what we tell them the applications say.

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

Now that I know this, I'm going to be on pins and needles waiting on my placement. Thanks for making the anticipation worse!

So ideally then, we should be finding out our placements in the next week or so, right?
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

Oh godddddd.

Well I guess I need to finish writing my letter of resignation!
    tabemoto...: Cooking in southern Japan

Quote Originally Posted by MCAS View Post
    So ideally then, we should be finding out our placements in the next week or so, right?
    Hah! Didn't pay much attention during the rest of the process, did you I'd be amazed if things were that rapid!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Hah! Didn't pay much attention during the rest of the process, did you I'd be amazed if things were that rapid!
    I'm just going off of what happened last year. I was looking through the thread archives and it seems last year, the BoE's had the list of incoming JET by the 10th, and people started getting notified around the 17th. Also note my use of the word "ideally".
    Remember kids, the Internet doesn't make you more stupid, it just makes your stupidity more accessible by others

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, God damn it! My life has value!'"

I had pretty much counted on not finding out placements until July. Everything turned out better than expected (maybe).

It's actually a bit later than usual. My friends found out their replacements during Golden Week before.

Just remember that some of you may be hanging on for more exact info until June or July . Some cities have multiple placements and wont tell you exactly which placement you have in said city 'til a little later. (Our preds didn't find out until that late as well, until then we were all in a group for our town shaing info)

I know our BOE shares info with the current ALTs, my pred told me no one wanted me to be their successor. Betch. I can't wait to find out who the illfortuned 2 new souls are. One will probably be a kiwi since they seem to req them in one town. Just hoping for no bitches or creepy leg humpers.
    Last edited by Page; May 12th, 2011 at 14:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    Just remember that some of you may be hanging on for more exact info until June or July . Some cities have multiple placements and wont tell you exactly which placement you have in said city 'til a little later. (Our preds didn't find out until that late as well, until then we were all in a group for our town shaing info)

I know our BOE shares info with the current ALTs, my pred told me no one wanted me to be their successor. Betch. I can't wait to find out who the illfortuned 2 new souls are. One will probably be a kiwi since they seem to req them in one town. Just hoping for no bitches or creepy leg humpers.
    We're getting 3 new ill-fortuned souls, remember?

I'm eagerly awaiting this. I don't want to be too confident, but who the hell else would request Gunma?
    Concrete is running through our veins

Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    "Friday" is emanating from SOMEWHERE inside my computer and I can't find the source. WTF.

Ahh I just want definite confirmation I'm going so I can hand in the resignation and not have to worry any more. Specifics can wait for me!

There's pretty much zero chance of not getting placed so don't get yourself too worked up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

I know, I just have this horrible fear that I'll resign and then they'll be like 'lolz no one wanted youuuuuu'.

Better to be safe than up shit creek with no paddle!

Quote Originally Posted by Hintalove View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting this. I don't want to be too confident, but who the hell else would request Gunma?
    What's wrong with Gunma?

Since it abuts Tokyo, at least in maps, I'm betting weeaboo requests of Gunma are high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hintalove View Post
    Same, except Ibaraki for me.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Since it abuts Tokyo, at least in maps, I'm betting weeaboo requests of Gunma are high.
    I was afraid of this since Ibaraki is in the same area. I actually have a legit reason though since I lived there previously.
    Last edited by jumpman85; May 12th, 2011 at 16:34.