Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2011

Default Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2011

The early departure folks should be getting their placements soon, if not now.

Does anybody know what areas need to be filled in (aside from Tohoku)?
    EMTQueen | USA | Interac | Accepted

Mark: I used to know a girl, she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.
    Johnny: Ha ha ha. What a story, Mark.

Default Re: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2011

Are they telling you guys that there's a lot of need in Tohoku? I can only speak for Miyagi but we really only lost maybe 5 JETs max (guessing, I've only actually heard of 2) that went home for good. Though maybe interac is different. I know in our city we have 3 spots open but that's 'cause the people already had prior plans to change their job from the new school year and they haven't had a chance to fill the positions amidst the madness. I'd imagine that there are maybe a few more open that usual up here but I dunno that going early is an automatic ticket to Tohoku (especially since people from the south peaced out too).
    Posted via Mobile Device

the only reason im thinking tohoku is the most likely, is that intertac told us there were alot of deferals in spring due to the tsunami. i imagine the majority of those deferals were from the most affected areas.

but with interac, you could go literally anywhere in japan! the only information i heard re placements was during my phone interview, which was that they were currently placing people in greater tokyo/kanto or hokkaido. but that probably means nothing, as it was nearly a month ago.

I also was wondering, they say we have to be very flexible in out placement. does that mean, they are just going to give you one choice, and you have to go for it?

i have also stopped reading anything related to interac that is negative.... which seems to be a ton of stuff

some of you will likely be heading to niigata, joetsu, toyama as well as tohoku..i hear there are quite a few placements to fill
    How are you? Yes yes!

If we hear any placement info before we leave I would be under the assumption that it will change before we get on the train to our placements. I think that's what being flexible is all about. I've read a few accounts of placements changing for people at orientation and that was under normal situations. I'd still do research... like I am assuming it will be in Tohoku and looking at the coverage for Softbank and AU in the area.

You will only get the one placement offer. If you turn it down another one will be offered. That's why Interac is more flexible with placement. I believe with JET you get the placement and that's it.

I sent off my offer and everything and haven't heard about the next step. I know I am leaving a little after those who are going in June but I'm nervous about getting the work visa all taken care off before... I wish the US had a working visa for Japan!

JD I hear you about the negative. In the research I did I see a lot of the same complaints with every company. Also... there is that old ESID -_- since it's all down to where you're place and how you personally adapt into the placement I figure most of it is on me to get along with co-workers not freak living out in the middle of nowhere. Though at the same time knowing what is legally right and wrong so if something is really wrong I know where to go about it.

I am still so excited!! Can't wait to get my departure date and get my plane ticket! ^^

Finished my last exam today. Now to play the waiting game! June 11th results are out(so at least 2 weeks after that lol)

Hopefully no repeats and then boom. Japan!

For the August departure-ees, when should we expect to hear our placements? I need to mail my stuff out to Japan by next month, but im scared that they might not be hold my stuff for too long...
    Japan...please accept me ._______ .

The impression I got from the recruiters was that if all goes as planned and things go on time fall people would be hearing about placement... by July or early July.

Though there is supposed to be something for us to fill out about what we want in a placement and now that i'm starting in the next month or so I don't think I need to fill it out anymore...

I know they say it's quiet between the offer and placement but... with my time line I feel pressure to make sure i get everything they need in... and I have no idea how fast my CoE will get to me to get my visa @_@
    Last edited by oneokbunny; May 25th, 2011 at 14:25.

I tried going for the summer departure, but got a negative from TPTB because my visa won't be in quick enough. Ah, well, I think I have a second job lined up, so 80-hr. weeks, here I come! At least all the paperwork I needed to send made it to Japan without incident (I've had some issues and bones to pick with USPS lately), so they can start with the visa process.

I do hope we get our placements early July. I would like to get in some research about where I'll be living
    EMTQueen | USA | Interac | Accepted

Mark: I used to know a girl, she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.
    Johnny: Ha ha ha. What a story, Mark.

EMT Great Sig! The Room is an exceptional movie!

Looking at last year's Interac 2010 thread, I noticed someone say that they got their placement in early June for their August departure...so we can only hope!

If they give you a placement you don't like, and you reject it, I hope they change prefectures for their next placement...I don't want to get a Hokkaido placement and reject it to end up with another Hokkaido placement
    Japan...please accept me ._______ .

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    some of you will likely be heading to niigata, joetsu, toyama as well as tohoku..i hear there are quite a few placements to fill
    Joetsu uses Heart now.
    Ok, picture a mind.... Now flay that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by mothy
    You're the best thing to happen this year.

yeah that was just highschool though which is now going back to jet ....
    How are you? Yes yes!

Well they brought in a new Heart SHS ALT in April too.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy_money View Post
    Well they brought in a new Heart SHS ALT in April too.
    well someone has to fill in from April to July right!? i wonder if they're on this site - im sure Heart hasn't told them.
    How are you? Yes yes!

The jobs were advertised on Gaijinpot, and it said the contract was only from April - July. Pretty shit if you ask me, but I guess they can transfer elsewhere.

Hi, I have been lurking on the forum for the past week. But now I have received my offer of employment and my flights were sent to me yesterday from Interac, I decided to sign up. I fly out on June 19th. I would imagine that Tohoku is the designated area from everything that I've heard. As well as hearing back from Tokyo officially, Fukushima being slipped into the likely areas had worried me...

Starting orientation on June 21st in Tokyo (my birthday, hehe!).

Hope to see some of you there!

They're not going to put you in a danger zone, relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

If they do, just call up the Interac Help Desk and ask for Mr. K. Loggins. He will help you out.

I had just made a temporary sister thread to this one when the regular threads became active so lets just give this a bump. Updates since the site has been down anyone?

wrote a very large reply in the temp forum. its gone now!

Basicly i got offered Marumori 60 km from fukushima, i said no. i signed a contract saying not within 80 km, so no.

I head disguisedrobot is gone to Iwate with a few others that went over last week. Around 8 i think, brits and canadians.

Im leaving on sunday, staying in Iibaraki for at least one night. Might be there for 4 more for orientation. Unless i have to go to my placement for that. the email said both options were possible