Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunma Cabbages

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimlost View Post
    Don't we have any work to do at school?
    My volleyball taikai is today, so, nope! However, it's almost quit'n time so you will have a break from my posting soon enough!

I'm mostly on to check PMs now but I'll try to chip in with any Gunma knowledge (especially if you end up way the hell down south in The Land Time Forgot).

Quote Originally Posted by scarreddragon View Post
    Saitama does kinda smell... but they do have a Costco.
    The John Lennon Museum is also in Saitama, which makes up for the total lack of blue skies, trees and hope.

Edit: Scratch that. The John Lennon Museum is no more because Yoko didn't extend the lease. Poor Saitama.
    Last edited by ten_of_spades; May 27th, 2011 at 03:37.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

I lived in Asakadai, and it wasn't so bad. I also had a friend living out in Tokorozawa, and it seemed ok.

I just remember Saitama being un-remarkable and very flat, which for a place to live isn't really that bad of a thing.
    Concrete is running through our veins

Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    "Friday" is emanating from SOMEWHERE inside my computer and I can't find the source. WTF.

Default Re: Gunma Cabbages

What does Saitama smell of?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    What does Saitama smell of?
    Hintalove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Hintalove
    What does Hintalove smell of?
    Concrete is running through our veins

Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    "Friday" is emanating from SOMEWHERE inside my computer and I can't find the source. WTF.

fries

Quote Originally Posted by Hintalove View Post
    I lived in Asakadai, and it wasn't so bad. I also had a friend living out in Tokorozawa, and it seemed ok.

I just remember Saitama being un-remarkable and very flat, which for a place to live isn't really that bad of a thing.
    Yeah, the very west of Saitama is the only part with any kind of actual terrain, the rest is pretty much concrete and rice fields. So, no, not the most beautiful place in Japan, but if you're a city person, there not much chance of being in the "inaka".

Let's just hope you get one of your first two choices, eh?

I've heard there are a lot of Portuguese speakers in Gunma, does anyone know if that's true?

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    I've heard there are a lot of Portuguese speakers in Gunma, does anyone know if that's true?
    Quite a few in the larger areas. The prefectural office signs, vehicle testing/registration centre forms, and even a fair number of the road signs are even written in Portuguese.

(Also, virtually all of the road signs (even in the tiniest of rural towns) have English translations. It's pretty great.)
    Last edited by ten_of_spades; June 1st, 2011 at 11:53.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    There are a whole bunch of foreign people in my town (Isesaki). Mainly Philippino, Brazilian and Peruvian hostess bar and car factory workers.
    There are many others in Ota, Kiryu and Oizumi, too.
    Many speak multiple languages (including English and Portuguese).

Ahh cool. Hm wonder if JET would place me there since I can't speak Portuguese. I've read in the official forum that they quite like to use ALTs' other languages as well.

Are there any male, 22-year old, Canadian fine arts majors here?

if you're from Hawaii and got placed in Gunma, chances are high that you are my successor.

o: uthink's placement!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffles View Post
    o: uthink's placement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

I'm going to bump this topic. If you have been placed in Gunma, please send me a pm or let me know here! Gunma is a great prefecture and I look forward to meeting all the newbs.