Thread: A Kotatsu?

Default A Kotatsu?

A teacher just gave me these work sheets to correct.

Most of them had written "Kotatsu is a heater"

I changed them to "A kotatsu is a heater"

This is right yeah? Or did I fuck up bad?
    Ok, picture a mind.... Now flay that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by mothy
    You're the best thing to happen this year.

Default Re: A Kotatsu?

No, you're right. "Kotatsu" is not a pronoun.

If they were using it in the plural form, it should have read "Kotatsu are heaters." I think your correction is the better way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Default Re: A Kotatsu?

I know Japanese students have problems when it comes to "A book, the book, books, etc" because of the non-differentiation between those Japanese.

I agree with word on your correction.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by greengoo View Post
    I know Japanese students have problems when it comes to "A book, the book, books, etc" because of the non-differentiation between those Japanese.

I agree with word on your correction.
    Maybe it is just a British thing.
    Ya know.

He is in hospital. VERSUS He is in the hospital.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by AliDimayev View Post
    Maybe it is just a British thing.
    Ya know.

He is in hospital. VERSUS He is in the hospital.
    Well, Americans sometimes use similar language, although it is unusual for us to use "hospital" in this manner. I'm not really sure why.

An American might say, however, "He is in school" vs. "He is in the school." The implied meaning is a bit different; the former would indicate his current occupation or activity (the specific school is unimportant, so "the" is not required), the latter would indicate his location (both the speaker and the listener understand which school is being referred to, so "the" is appropriate). It's weird how this works. Americans don't usually use "hospital" this way, though; all hospitals are the same, in some way, and are referred to as "the" hospital? Again, no idea why. It's an interesting difference, to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.