Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New server - please tell me how you find the performance

Default New server - please tell me how you find the performance

Please let me know how you are finding the new server performing.

Any downtime, slowness, database crashes etc, report it here. Thanks
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: New server - please tell me how you find the performance

Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

On a serious note... the donation link isn't working.

On an edit note.... the paid name change link isn't working.
    Last edited by greengoo; June 23rd, 2011 at 11:17.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

Timestamps are borked for me as well. Looks like mine are four hours behind.

Site died there for 5 mins because I was fixing the issue with URLs not be rewrote (ie. index.php?forum=13 becomes /anything-goes/) properly for SEO purposes. Should be fixed now.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Update: Time display should now be fixed (it was a tricky one to find - PHP timezone wasn't set properly in php.ini - it wasn't a vbulletin time setting or server timezone proplem)

Update 2: Donation link is now fixed. This will also fix the name change link. Thanks greengoo!
    Last edited by Beer Baron; June 23rd, 2011 at 21:10.

Update: If you were unlucky to see a blank page (it was like that for maybe 15 seconds), that was me changing a configuration setting on the server. Should be working ok now.

The site hasn't jacked me off since it changed servers. If we could fix that I would much apppreciate it. THANK YOU!
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Been having an issue where the server seems to be logging me out at random, happened 2-3 times in the last few hours. No discernible trigger. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Pocket Theory: the server has become self-aware and realized it hates me.

You felt that too?
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

In addition to the server and Mothy hating me (working as intended), I've noticed that about half the time instead of Badge images showing up, we'll see the alt-text as a hyperlink instead.

For the past 45mins or so I was fixing things, so the server was up and down. Should be ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    For the past 45mins or so I was fixing things, so the server was up and down. Should be ok now.
    Not sure if this included the badge complaint I made, but they're still 50/50 in text form.

gg, can you try a ctrl-r in your browser. if no change, clear your cache and try again.

Seem to be working now. thank ye much.

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I use Google Chrome for my browser and for some reason this site has been showing up as the temporary version instead of the back to normal version. I thought that this was just it being worked on, but then I checked it on a friend's computer who uses Internet Explorer and low and behold, I see the site normally. Even now I have both chrome and ie with itil on both and the ie version works fine when the chrome one is showing the old site.

That is strange. Can you try clearing you cache within Chrome and try again?

Recent problems over the last 2 or 3 days have been acknowledged by the new hosting provider. It was caused by circumstances outside their control and have explained the problem at the URLs below. Everything should now be back to normal.

Big Wet Fish Hosting - Announcements

Big Wet Fish Hosting - Announcements

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

I have cleared the cache and everything and I am still having problems. Kindle works though so it might be my internet connection. I am going to a friend's house later so will check it there.

Please do. It's strange as DNS issues would affect all applications on your computer, not just some.