Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genki I/II - New Versions Out

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    Sure, it's from the 1980s, but not all things that are ancient are useless.

Just keep telling yourself that wicket, if that's what makes ya feel better :P

On the genki side, don't worry about the workbooks, the textbook has more than enough content in it that you don't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharisma View Post
    Been looking at these Genki books online, should I buy both the workbook and the textbook or is only the textbook needed?
    I think the workbook is worth buying if you are studying alone. The main text has a lot of classroom activities that you need a partner/group for. The workbook however is designed for solo review at home.

Default Re: Genki I/II - New Versions Out

I bought genki and they seem nice but they are just collecting dust. Most of my study is either reading or listening to conversations or stories. Workbook activities just bore me and did not really help me with Arabic, so i figure why bother.
    Last edited by jwkelley; March 22nd, 2013 at 10:48.

Default Re: Genki I/II - New Versions Out

I still crack open my genki books now and again despite being years passed them. They're solid, especially for self-study.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.