Thread: Interac Policies?

Default Interac Policies?

Does Interac have any policies once you're over there or are you only obliged to do your job and follow your landlord's rules and, of course, national laws?

For instance, can we have pets? Can we have people room with us? If the landlord allows it (applies to both questions).

Are we allowed to do whatever we want with our time as long as we're doing our jobs and are working at the appropriate times?

Or are there certain policies they have? I've read an FAQ or two, but I can't find this specific information.

Bonus Question: If we choose to leave the company after our contract is up, are we allowed to reapply? Also provide details or links. Thanks.

Default Re: Interac Policies?

1.Your land lord wont allow it so there's that.
    2. Go bananas!. (of course going bananas must not involve anything that shatters the kids, teachers, societies opinion of you)
    3. There are a million policies they have - 99% of which are so common sense that if you need to be told then they shouldn't have hired you.
    Bonus answer: Sure (somehow i doubt this happens very often lol)
    How are you? Yes yes!

Thanks for that. So, it's about what I expected. Except for having a person stay with you, I've heard people telling me it was fine as long as you kept it down. So, still not sure if that just varies or what. And I also had a desire to raise a hamster or something. But, oh well about that one.

You can totally have someone stay and visit you (my first landlord said i had to tell them if someone visited for more than a night - yeah right) but if someone lived with you i doubt you would get away with it. As for a pet - im sure you could own something small - just dont ask anyone before hand - no one will know
    How are you? Yes yes!

Oh yeah, I didn't mean live for the duration. Just for visiting for a while. Of course, I'll still probably ask beforehand. Was just curious.

Quick question!

At EPIK ( in Korea) this don't let us do any work outside of the contract (ie: no tutoring for money). Is Interac the same?

no, they place being able to do private stuff outside of school as a selling point of interac.

really/ they must have changed the policy because they used to say you couldnt do it.. not that that ever stopped anyone
    How are you? Yes yes!

We were told in training that it was allowed... just our contracts with Interac and our BOEs take priority.