Thread: Thank-you letters?

Default Thank-you letters?

I'm a returning JET, and in the leaver's packet that I was sent by my PA, it said that you should write thank-you letters to your BOE and your principal. I am, however, not really sure how to go about doing that.

I technically speak Japanese pretty well, but my grasp on the pragmatics is shaky; I have no idea what such a letter ought to say, and I don't want to accidentally offend anyone by saying the wrong thing. I've Googled around, but I can't find information on this at all. So, has anyone here written such a letter? What did you say? Is there some kind of template to follow? I'd really appreciate any insight anyone may have.

Thanks!

Smashes through the wa Miss_igirisu's Avatar

The thought of writing letters had never crossed my mind. I was thinking of maybe sending some nice foreign candy or something once i get home though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    they said your uk blood has extremely high levels of tea and crumpets in it.
    http://osharejunks.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Thank-you letters?

The "After JET" handbook says the same thing. I dunno, I might skip my principal and maybe just send personal letters or emails to the teachers im actually close to.

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    The "After JET" handbook says the same thing. I dunno, I might skip my principal and maybe just send personal letters or emails to the teachers im actually close to.
    Yeah, this is my plan of action.
    if you want proof, try math or alcohol

Default Re: Thank-you letters?

I wrote a letter to each of my principals in Japanese, the content was basically the same for all of them. Then I wrote letters in English to my JTEs. I got the kokugo teacher to help me with some of the difficult sentences in Japanese.