Thread: Anyone applying to Aeon?

Default Anyone applying to Aeon?

I just applied and they said they'd be getting back to me within 2 weeks to let me know if I will be interviewed.

I am just curious to know other peoples' opinions on the company and hear stories about the interview process. Any AEON peeps out there?

I am going to an AEON interview and wondering if anyone made it to the second interview stage? I thought there was only one stage and read somewhere there are two stages. Any idea what they are both about?

Default Re: Anyone applying to Aeon?

I am not sure what you mean by two stages but there is the presentation and after you do your presentation. If you are a success then you are invited back for an interview. Why are you on the JET website asking about AEON anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by nitelite View Post
    I just applied and they said they'd be getting back to me within 2 weeks to let me know if I will be interviewed.

I am just curious to know other peoples' opinions on the company and hear stories about the interview process. Any AEON peeps out there?
    Were you successful? I am waiting to hear back from them as well. I was interviewed the day after not 2 weeks.

Banned

I thought there was only one stage and read somewhere there are two stages. Any idea what they are both about?

Quote Originally Posted by MeteredTalking View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by two stages but there is the presentation and after you do your presentation. If you are a success then you are invited back for an interview. Why are you on the JET website asking about AEON anyway?
    Why are you on the JET website if you're not a JET?

This is not just a JET forum, it's a forum for anybody who's interested in teaching in Japan.
    Last edited by greengoo; January 10th, 2012 at 19:27.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

From what I read a while back on the other Aeon thread, it seemed like there are two stages of the interview in one day? So you get asked to leave half way through the day if you haven't passed the first stage... According to the other thread. Ramble ramble.

Not quite. There are two stages in one day, a presentation, then you do your lesson after a lunch break. That is all in one day. If you are successful, you will be invited back for another day. I was lucky to be invited back, but was not accepted in the end. I am waiting to reapply. Taking a CELTA course now. I hope it helps.

In one of Florida's ubiquitous retirement towns

Quote Originally Posted by MeteredTalking View Post
    I was lucky to be invited back, but was not accepted in the end. I am waiting to reapply. Taking a CELTA course now. I hope it helps.
    The same happened for me. I was invited back the next day, but ultimately was not accepted. I felt like my personal interview had gone pretty well, even though I know there were places I could have improved. So I was kind of surprised at the rejection.

The thing that sticks out in my mind was that we discussed the fact that my mom has multiple sclerosis, which is the reason it has taken me a long time to finish my BA. One of the recruiters (Lars) was incredulous that I was even considering going to Japan when my mom is sick. Even though I explained that my mom is doing well, is being well-cared for, and that my family has discussed at length (since 1998) my moving to Japan, he didn't seem to accept that. If that was the reason I wasn't given a job, there's nothing I can do to change it. I understand that they're concerned I might break my contract and leave to tend to my mother, but I don't know what to do if they don't trust me when I say it won't be an issue.

All I can do is try again (if JET doesn't accept me). I'm taking the i-to-i TEFL course right now, so maybe that will help.
    Bex | Atlanta | Shortlisted 2012

I have had some friends who made it and it seems like there are too many factors to actually figure out which one(s) held me back. I think they don't say it is one thing or other, but it could be a whole host of things. i know my spelling and grammer were awful and I was not dressed as professionally as some other candidates. I don't own a suit! I think they covered everything well and I have some respect for the company. They work harder than any of the other companies I have interviewed for.
    Last edited by MeteredTalking; March 21st, 2012 at 05:54.