Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money changing

Default Re: Money changing

Nah, they directed me to some coin shop with a worse rate.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

Yeah, for Americans, banks will usually be able to do it if you give them a week notice or two. They need to order the yen, but since you're their customer they (hopefully) won't hit you with a crazy fee to change it.
    if you want proof, try math or alcohol

Most major banks in MURIKA will hit you with a pretty nasty charge, or at least Chase will. Chase was only going to give me 72 yen to the dollar. Everything I've read suggests that Japanese ATMs, the post office and Narita exchange terminals are a much better rate.

I called my bank a couple days ago and they were only offering 70.5 yen/dollar and on top of that, they want to charge a $15 shipping fee (and I have to go to the bank to pick it up). Should I look elsewhere?
    Last edited by alutemu; January 12th, 2012 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by alutemu View Post
    I called my bank a couple days ago and they were only offering 70.5 yen/dollar and on top of that, they want to charge a $15 shipping fee (and I have to go to the bank to pick it up). Should I look elsewhere?
    If you live in Bumfuk, that will probably be as good as it gets. If you can get to a major city, some banks keep the currency on hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

Look at Wells Fargo's website. They offer currency exchange online.