Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your rent/car?

Default What is your rent/car?

ESID, so let's find out how different. How much is your rent and how much is your car per month?

Mine is 22,000 for the apartment (1 tatami room, 1 hard wood floor, a sun type room to dry laundry, and a kitchen/bath)

My car is 30,000 and it is a brand new Mitsubishi Kei car

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: What is your rent/car?

I pay $695 dollars for a 1500 sqft (140sq meters) three floor, two bedroom, two bath, fully finished basement, fenced in back yard townhouse 5 mins from the airport and 10 mins from work.

My car is paid off (2005 Ford Escape) and I pay $56 a month to insure it for both me and my wife.

My motorcycle is paid off (2003 Triumph Speed Triple 955i) and I pay about $400 a year to insure it.

...or are we just talking about peeps in japan?
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

What is it with you slags immediately shitting on new threads with the "hur hur hur SEARCH" comments? I bet it's real fucking interesting, and social, reading what Mr. Plainview wrote 3 years ago on the topic rather than the current crop of ITIL posters.

Rent: free (GO INAKA)
    Car: 11man (sold it last year for 12man)
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

If you bothered to click on the thread you'd see that it was fairly recent.

HURHUR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

The other one was pretty much a discussion of key money/how much money to bring to Japan/ESID for the first couple pages, so maybe they didn't think it was a repeat?

I don't see the point in asking rent prices I guess. It looks like it ranges from nothing to expensive depending on prefecture. Maybe a better question would be which prefectures are the cheapest/most likely to subsidize rent. Then if you're a broke college student with 100k in loans you can just request those and really hope JET listens to your placement request.

3man/month for huge house in ultra-inaka. Coulda gotten something a lot cheaper, but this house is very modern and nice; we feel like it's worth the price.

3man/month car payment for big, newish white-plate. Nicest car in my block. 10man one-time payment for small, oldish yellow-plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

i apparently pay some of the most of anyone in the prefecture...48,000 for rent (2 tatami rooms, pretty huge kitchen), utilities are on top of that. no car though with a free bike, so thats good at least.
    Last edited by kawaiijutsu; August 10th, 2011 at 11:04.

12,900 yens per month for apt in oooooold jutaku. No car.

12,000 yen a month for a two tatami room apartment with a small kitchen and bathroom. Car and scooter together cost me 150,000 yen.

House: Rent Free for a two bedroom, two story house in semi-inaka (small town, but I'm only a half hour out from a much bigger town with several malls and such)

Car: payed 10 man for my car and 5 man for my wife's car, both with about a year of shaken left. Pay 3 man a year for insurance.

8,900y/month for kitchen/living room, two tatami rooms of equal size, and bathroom. Large, white-plate car was 34man. Bicycle was free. Moths and ants sold separately.

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

41000 a mont for a two room + kitchen apartment. No car payments since I got a bike from the city.

50k a month. Plus bills.
    You guys suck!
    Though my place is a decent size and quite central.

My apartment was 60,500 a month. Cracks me up how much people whinge paying anything over 40,000. Like you'd be paying less than that in your own countries.

Quote Originally Posted by charmed_23 View Post
    My apartment was 60,500 a month. Cracks me up how much people whinge paying anything over 40,000. Like you'd be paying less than that in your own countries.
    That is true however we're not comparing it to our own countries, we're comparing it to each other. If two people have pretty much the same thing but one person pays half the price then the other is quite justified in whinging if they fancy it.

Not that I can see any whinging in this thread.

Agreed. I was over the moon about my house setup before I found out my neighbour in the next town over pays the same amount and gets about 3x the house for her money. I'm still very happy with my place but it just gives you that little "what if" feeling.

I was referring more to the people who were whinging around me in my city even though I paid the most. It is what it is. You'll probably find you have different perks in your job than other people.

35,000/month rent, 8,500 key
    No car yet, I'll get back to you
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

0 rent
    0 utilities
    0 food
    car was bought and paid years ago, 0 car tax and 3000 a month insurance
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.