Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: References

Quote Originally Posted by tracey86 View Post
    Yeah, that would class as part time, full time is thirty-something hours plus, so just fill in the part time section. I don't like the way it only asks for one job- I'm doing two part time jobs to make up full time hours, but had to just put the one down (the one I got most recently as it asks for the most up to date one)... yet my reference is from the other and reads like I'm still there as well... I'm just going to make sure I refer to it in my sop, something about working two jobs and time management skills so that they're not totally baffled.
    I agree. I found it a little confusing and it would have been more straightforward to have filled in a box asking for your last 5 employers or last 3/5 years of employment history.

Default Re: References

So what exactly qualifies as a "recent" graduate. I graduated in June 2010. Does this mean I cannot use 2 academic references? One from my University tutor and one from my CELTA course tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts&Bolts View Post
    So what exactly qualifies as a "recent" graduate. I graduated in June 2010. Does this mean I cannot use 2 academic references? One from my University tutor and one from my CELTA course tutor.
    Yes you can still use academic references. But what have you been doing since then? If you have been in a good job, I guess they may wonder why you aren't getting a reference from them. But it's just as probable that they won't care.

Default Re: References

Cheers.