Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guesses on this year

6, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Um... so... did he ever make it in?
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

Never made it to interview.
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

U da real mvp.

Oh my. That's.... disheartening.
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

Default Re: Guesses on this year

Wow, bro must have been doing something wrong.... 6 times? Well, I guess you can commend him on his tenacity.

No, he was special. Don't look at his case and think it applies to you.

Well, then. I think I'd only try twice or thrice.
    2012 Applicant

Use of the term 'thrice' leads to automatic rejection.

I think BigRedGoofball is a perfect example of standing still and expecting the world to change around you. He applied for JET, did nothing for a year, then was rejected again. Lather, rinse, repeat. He never made modifications to his qualifications, and in the 8 years he's been applying he never made it to Japan with a private company, citing the fact that he did not have the money. (In 8 YEARS.) That reeks of someone too lazy to make substantial changes in their own life. JET loves people who reapply, but if you don't show initiative and are still working in the same retail job you were in 8 years ago there is something wrong.

That said, JET also allows some real mouthbreathers in.
    Last edited by uthinkimlost?; November 1st, 2011 at 08:58.

U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    JET loves people who reapply, but if you don't show initiative and are still working in the same retail job you were in 8 years ago there is something wrong.
    That would do it.

Really, if you application reeks of desperation... they can smell that a mile away.
    2012 Applicant

Won't glowing in the dark save on the electric bill?

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Use of the term 'thrice' leads to automatic rejection.

I think BigRedGoofball is a perfect example of standing still and expecting the world to change around you. He applied for JET, did nothing for a year, then was rejected again. Lather, rinse, repeat..
    Why would you expect to get in a second time if you haven't gained anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Rz1 View Post
    Why would you expect to get in a second time if you haven't gained anything?
    Because those type of people believe the selection process is completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkypie View Post
    Because those type of people believe the selection process is completely random.
    0_O

I like when he says "I do admit that I wasted my time applying since I did not get an interview with JET, but I've focused on positive that I've since received much better interviews ever since. It seems that most of the posters here are the bitter ones."

I've worked in the same restaurant for 5 years to pay my way through school... I thought it showed loyalty. Didn't realize it could also be interpreted as lack of ambition. Though I suppose my case is different because I'm in a Masters program now.

Hahahaha that it was hilarious!!
    I probably post things that interest you
    nihonomnom | JET Program tales from Kobe-shi \(^ω^\)└(★o★)┐(〜^∇^)〜

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

Quote Originally Posted by hunterofpeace View Post
    I've worked in the same restaurant for 5 years to pay my way through school... I thought it showed loyalty. Didn't realize it could also be interpreted as lack of ambition. Though I suppose my case is different because I'm in a Masters program now.
    I think that is fine. I mean as long as you're are progressing with school or in other areas. Plus plenty of people do that- work little jobs to pay through college. I think working some place for five years looks better than working 4 different jobs in two years.

And LAWL at that thread link.

working while in school is one thing...

If you have a BA and aren't pushing yourself outside your comfort zone... that's different.
    2012 Applicant

I'm gonna be honest and say that I was too nervous to really apply to jet because I was too lazy (to apply)/had a 6 month unemployment gap after graduation due to depression and I really wasn't comfortable explaining this. I had a tough enough job getting employment over here with having a career break! I knew I wouldn't get through.
    Last edited by lexa1010; November 19th, 2011 at 00:53.