Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 紹介する?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Eudox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,950

    Default 紹介する?

    Okay, clearly this literally means an introduction. I've come to the conclusion (because my teachers are trying to set me up with one of my JTEs), that this can mean more than just and introduction.

    Anyone care to enlighten me?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eudox View Post
    my teachers are trying to set me up with one of my JTEs
    this can only end well.*






    *May not actually end well.
    Last edited by uthinkimlost?; October 2nd, 2011 at 00:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  3. #3

    Default Re: 紹介する?

    Sounds about right, maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but I doubt it's the JTE if they're offering to introduce you to someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Eudox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    Sounds about right, maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but I doubt it's the JTE if they're offering to introduce you to someone.
    That's exactly what I mean - in english it doesn't make sense. I explained this to them and they tried to get another of my JTEs to translate (my head english teacher). Clearly, this was never going to work. He basically told them to end the conversation and I didn't get an answer.

  5. #5
    Sociopathic Scroogemcduck MJN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,274

    Default Re: 紹介する?

    Jisho has some example results that might be if use?

  6. #6

    Default Re: 紹介する?

    If they're gonna introduce you to someone (and yeah it's probably in hopes of going friendship >> romance) be wary because they might get sour on you if it doesn't work out with their friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Eudox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Jisho has some example results that might be if use?
    Cheers for the site - haven't used that one before and it looks pretty useful. Although it's kinda hard to convey my exact situation with those single sentence examples.

    Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    If they're gonna introduce you to someone (and yeah it's probably in hopes of going friendship >> romance) be wary because they might get sour on you if it doesn't work out with their friend!
    Thanks for the life lesson ;-)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Eudox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    ALC is also a great reference dictionary for legitimate example sentences (though it can sometimes be finicky).
    Sweet, that looks good too. Looking at that list, I probably missed a word before 紹介する. For example, (though probably not a good one), ~の長所を紹介する
    introduce the merits of.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 紹介する?

    you're welcome. I know that's kind of obvs, but in my vast amounts of life experience the JP appear to be much more passive aggressive little turds about it. also a good way to make someone feel trapped into loving you. I plan on using this to my benefit in the future.
    Last edited by Page; October 11th, 2011 at 11:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •