Thread: TPRS

Default TPRS

I was wondering anyone here had any experience with TPRS. Total Physical response through storytelling, or teaching proficiency through reading and story telling.

TPR Storytelling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have used some of the techniques half assly and they seem to work with comprehension in the small doses I used them. Some kids that normally would be lost were participating and responding. But this could also be because of other factors.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Default Re: TPRS

Bugger me, I was using it without having even heard of it. I think it's called the common sense approach to teaching a foreign language.
    The problem is that in a lot of schools accuracy is more important than fluency, so it only really worked for me in lower-level schools where the staff had few expectations of the students.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Yeh I have been sneaking it in during review sections. And normally try to use activities where I can use it. The funny thing is the technique or the common sense approach does not even bring down test scores. Most teachers who use it in the US see state test scores go up.