Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Changes to the 2012 Application year

Default Re: Changes to the 2012 Application year

Well the only reason i could see people less people applying may be as their situations (such as student loans) may dictate that JET now simply does not pay enough for them to be able to participate anymore and still meet their financial obligations, I'm in a similar predicament as I have a mortgage but sure the drop is going to make things a little harder but it's certainly no game ender for me at least
    I probably post things that interest you
    nihonomnom | JET Program tales from Kobe-shi \(^ω^\)└(★o★)┐(〜^∇^)〜

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

Quote Originally Posted by kitsune_daifuku View Post
    Well the only reason i could see people less people applying may be as their situations (such as student loans) may dictate that JET now simply does not pay enough for them to be able to participate anymore and still meet their financial obligations, I'm in a similar predicament as I have a mortgage but sure the drop is going to make things a little harder but it's certainly no game ender for me at least
    99% of the JETs I know seem to pi** their pay away anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    99% of the JETs I know seem to pi** their pay away anyway.
    I know a few like that, doesn't mean we all do it though... Though this month could be a piss away month with all the travelling I have to do

Quote Originally Posted by kitsune_daifuku View Post
    In the UK at least you would be very hard pressed to find this good a salary as a recent graduate - even with the cuts in pay from next year.

Default Re: Changes to the 2012 Application year

I know a lot of people who piss their money away haha.

Still got to take $$$ into account though, as with all decisions.
    2012 Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    From my understanding Canadians will have to start paying local taxes out of their salary (they were previously compensated for this by an increase salary and deductions) and our taxation treaty still means this foreign income is not taxable at home while on JET.

Nicole.ai seems to have an accurate understanding of the American system from everything I've read so far.
    For Canadians at the moment it's about 7000yen a month we pay and then get back. So you can imagine with a lower salary income tax will probablly be lower so maybe 6000 yen a month only now you will pay it out of pocket. Then you'll have residential which most are not compensated for though some are. so you're looking at 12 000 to 14 000 a month in taxes. And as a JET you'll pay no taxes back in Canada on this income.
    Last edited by AVN; November 6th, 2011 at 22:51.