Thread: College Adjunct positions other then English

Default College Adjunct positions other then English

My sister is coming close to finishing up her PHD in film studies. When i was in Korea there were a lot of American and English professors teaching courses in different subjects in English. I was wondering if Japan does the same thing and hire foreign professors?

Quote Originally Posted by jwkelley View Post
    My sister is coming close to finishing up her PHD in film studies. When i was in Korea there were a lot of American and English professors teaching courses in different subjects in English. I was wondering if Japan does the same thing and hire foreign professors?
    Is she fluent in J-go? And has she made any films?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Is she fluent in J-go? And has she made any films?
    She mostly does film studies not production and does not speak J-go. Though she does speak a little Gaelic. I knew in Korea they had english language only prof. who taught classes in English to attract international students. Was wondering if Japan had the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jwkelley View Post
    She mostly does film studies not production and does not speak J-go. Though she does speak a little Gaelic. I knew in Korea they had english language only prof. who taught classes in English to attract international students. Was wondering if Japan had the same.
    I've never seen a listing for any professors that did not speak SOME Japanese. (Enough to get by in an office setting.) I would imagine working in her field would be very difficult. She MIGHT be able to land a gig teaching English at a uni, but she would probably need to be in Japan, I rarely see sponsorship of a visa as part of the bundle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.