Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: On homothexuality

Default Re: On homothexuality

No, I'm not telling you to be a douche. I'm just saying you should use your common sense - your life is your life and you don't have to ask permission to live it as you wish as long as you're not harming anyone or causing trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezora View Post
    Japan is one of the few places where an old lay will clutch her purse in terror at the sight of a white person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    The thing is, from what I know, you're pretty hot and maybe asian.

Oh yeah, I agree. I was just saying that I tend towards being too polite because I don't want to be "one of those gaijin". It's important to find the right balance though, by using common sense, as you say.

About my housing sitch - my relationship with my BOE is very, very, very, very special.

I'm learning now how much fun it is to gaijin smash.

Don't worry too much about it.
    I know several gay jets and they all get by fine. I've even met one gay jet who has probally one of the top 10 non-island most rural placements in the country. The locals find it rather adorable that he has a boyfriend.
    And I've never came across anyone who isn't allowed visitors at their place.

On jets being free to move home and all that and beign adults and free: hmm....I have to say there...things are tricky.
    Jets aren't just there just to work in schools. If they just wanted an English monkey they'd go to interac or somesuch. Jet is meant to be about having these foreigners as part of the local community and internationalising Japan and all those fancy buzz words.
    For some people moving house is no problem. I know a fair few people who have done it.
    On the other hand I know a guy who lives in a small village half an hour from the city. He tried to move to the city- the commute would be fine for work but with trains stopping early and the no drinking and driving rules being stuck up in the village unless he did some major planning for a city adventure sucked. His school just pretty much said no way. He was the village foreigner. He had to live in the special village ALT house. And now that he mentions it they don't much care for him dissapearing every weekend either.
    Total ESID there.
    Last edited by Tyr; April 20th, 2012 at 15:02.

luckily I've only met one gay jet and a kiwi ALT got drunk and punched him.good times
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    luckily I've only met one gay jet and a kiwi ALT got drunk and punched him.good times
    Put some ice on it im sure the swelling will do down in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    For some people moving house is no problem. I know a fair few people who have done it.
    On the other hand I know a guy who lives in a small village half an hour from the city. He tried to move to the city- the commute would be fine for work but with trains stopping early and the no drinking and driving rules being stuck up in the village unless he did some major planning for a city adventure sucked. His school just pretty much said no way. He was the village foreigner. He had to live in the special village ALT house. And now that he mentions it they don't much care for him dissapearing every weekend either.
    Total ESID there.
    Okay, yeah, I should mention the fact that an eikaiwa member mentioned, when I talked about moving to a nearby town when MG and I were looking for a new house, that the village would be upset if I didn't actually live in their town.

It's also worth noting that when that conversation took place, we had been searching for a new house for some time--without much luck--and the very next day, a huge, modern, awesome house miraculously became available. Turns out, it had been empty for some time, but nobody thought to mention it to MG and I until we talked about moving out of town.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.