Thread: Diploma Due Date

Default Diploma Due Date

For graduating seniors, in practice, when are the copies of their diplomas typically picked up or required to be sent by in the US?
    Last edited by amandargab; October 19th, 2011 at 02:34.

Default Re: Diploma Due Date

You need to have your diploma by July 1st of the departure year. So as long as you get it to your consulate by July 1st, you're good.

As stated on the official website
    Last edited by Merkypie; October 19th, 2011 at 04:26.

Sorry, maybe I should restate my question; I'm not sure I was very clear. I realize that the officially-stated date is July 1st, but I have read some posts from previous years saying that the JETs just had to have a copy of their diplomas at the pre-departure orientation and other posts saying the copy had to be in the mail by June 25th. I'm wondering which, if any, of these situations applies to US JET applicants.

Well, in that case, if you're shortlisted then you'll receive instructions from your consulate detailing what they need in. ESID.

Not sure that it has to be a diploma, just degree confirmation. Should be able to get proof of that even if the diplomas haven't been given out yet. But don't quote me on that... maybe some of our senior members can back me up. Or shoot me down. Whichever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterofpeace View Post
    Not sure that it has to be a diploma, just degree confirmation. Should be able to get proof of that even if the diplomas haven't been given out yet. But don't quote me on that... maybe some of our senior members can back me up. Or shoot me down. Whichever.
    We're rationing bullets. Austerity measures and all that.

Any proof of your graduating is acceptable. Some people won't get their actual diploma until 6 months after graduation. Anything from your registrar saying you graduated will be fine. I would not play fast and loose with the established deadlines though. There is a large waiting list every year.